Wizard ToL Weave

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Slamg, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Slamg New Member

Hi I just back to the game from a mid-term break and started to play a wizard. Now he is Lv120 and has all ToL spells. While I'm trying to max his dps, can I find a detailed wizard dps guide anywhere or can anyone teach me about the class plz? (especially the spell weave under various scenarios like ITC or GoM etc...) Thanks in advances.;)
  2. Szilent Augur

Vortex - Twist - Claw - Ignition - Comet

Whenever you can get two enemies in front of you, fire Beam spell is great

During ITC, Claw is substantially devalued, so it's moved out of the linup

To serve the Gambit mana return ability, Vortex & Claw can get there but you're likely to want an additional fast nuke to mix in for convenience / comfort. That'd be the aforementioned Beam, or the Cloudburst instant spell, or Wildmagic.

A wizard's "high mana" spells 1) aren't remotely as high mana as other classes' high mana spells (which is sad, but not the topic.), and 2) are pretty much already in the main line up, so bending your casts to fit GoM isn't really a thing at lv120. If you're raiding, you may use GoM to cast Composite or Coalition, if, respectively, you want a superConcussion or you have several wizard teammates that can be counted on to share your target.
  3. Slamg New Member

Short but pretty much summarized it all, thank you Szilent
  4. Arkanny Augur

Returnign wizard here as well, after many years. How are you guys using twincast? i remember saving it for burns, but no idea if that's optimal on current game? i'm lvl 111 currently so still lots of catching up to do. Just feeling like i'm leaving too much on the table by not using it on every cooldown. Maybe just save the AA version to lign up burns?
  5. Szilent Augur

Twincast spell is for sure part of your sustained damage. Use it or lose it!
    Metanis, Arkanny and Sancus like this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Use it all, always.

Doesn't matter what class you are, if you save it for "when you need it" you fall out of the habit of using it. Then when you really could use it you forget to click it.

Worst case, your good stuff isn't available when you engage a boss, so it takes an extra 50 or 60 seconds to kill it. But the next trash mob will melt!