Wizard spell Shocking Vortex

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Daktarr, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Daktarr Lorekeeper

When I cast the spell Shocking Vortex on raids, I almost always get a message that the spell has been overwritten before I can even cast another spell. Anyone know what is causing this? It doesn't tell me what is overwriting it or why.

Seems stupid to spend 1000 AA's for the Evoker's Synergy, only to have the spell instantly overwritten. It's bad enough that the 25k AA bonus doesn't work on fire nukes, but then you lose the improved damage from the spell that effects the caster only.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess is that your raid have multiple wizards who are all spamming vortex.
    Its a great spell so its no surprise if the other wizards in the raid are just as eager to use it as you are. :)
    If my theory is correct, then it means that the improved damage is up almost permanently, and that you are one of the many wizards making it happen.

Or a patch have introduced some stacking issues...:confused:
  3. kizant Augur

Plus Evoker's Synergy has nothing to do with the Vortex Effect. The synergy is getting you that extra proc whenever you cast a non-fire spell or even proc a non fire spell. It shows up in the song window and I don't think anyone is overwriting it. If multiple wizards use synergy it should show up with extra counters rather than overwrite.