Fixed Wizard Sorcerer's Vengeance bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by kizant, Mar 4, 2023.

1. kizant Augur

This ability was upgraded recently and it has been a nice improvement. However, it looks to have mistakenly been changed to work with procs. The level check that it had is messed up and it's using the wrong SPA for both that and the detrimental check. So, it clearly doesn't look to be an intended change.

That said, it's a nice upgrade even when procs stop working with it and as an alternative maybe Sympathetic Amplification could be increased for Wizards (maybe 80% would be good) and/or Fury of the Gods increased some. Basically, for procs to have such a large increase as this bug allows I think it should be something with a fixed duration.
    bard007, menown, RPoo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Didn't you want SV to work with procs 4 years ago?

This is why wizards can't have nice things. When all other classes get something by mistake, silence.
  3. kizant Augur

When it was SPA 286 yes and this wasn't a change to make them work with procs. It's clearly a typo.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

My comment was in jest, but the more I think about it ... what's the big deal with SV working with procs?

Unless I'm missing something, SV is simply an addon at the end of the damage calculation. So all our procs get 13k more ... it doesn't feel like that big of a deal. We've (at least you) have asked for the change before ... why are we trying to make it go away?

I could always be missing something and if switching SPAs leaves the system open to big abuses, I'm all for stopping those. But if the SPA change really only means that our procs get a 13k boost at the end of the calculation, I say enjoy the boost and move on with our lives.

Because I can almost guarantee that any attempt to fix will probably leave us worse off than we started.
  5. kizant Augur

That's not how SV works anymore. It's 13k that crits. Secondly, it's clearly a typo and a bug. Not reporting a bug doesn't make it not a bug. If they decide to keep the change they can but I don't recommend this one.

There's plenty of other things they can do and clearly they've been trying to improve the class so why not let them continue what they're doing? I see no benefits in hiding a bug and posting parses showing they've made a big improvement. All it does it make the devs think their changes have a larger impact than they actually have and that undermines any future suggestions we make.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Where are you seeing this?
  7. kizant Augur

I clicked all buffs off and removed arms and luminous ice. Spell damage is ignored since GSS is too low level. Base damage is 2000. Destructive Adept adds 3200 which does not crit. If you assume Sorc Vengeance adds 13000 that crits with our base crit damage of 455% it works out like this below.

15000 x 5.55 + 3200 = 86450

[Mon Mar 06 11:20:59 2023] You hit Combat Dummy Ozah II for 18200 points of fire damage by Garrison's Superior Sundering. (Twincast)
    [Mon Mar 06 11:21:05 2023] You hit Combat Dummy Ozah II for 86450 points of fire damage by Garrison's Superior Sundering. (Critical)
    Axxius and Sancus like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

So what makes you assume that this is a bug and a typo, as opposed to an intended upgrade than we sorely needed?

Your posts above sounded like you have seen the actual data for this AA and know exactly which SPA it's using now, etc. I was wondering where you could see that.
  9. kizant Augur

Sure I've also looked at the AA data. There's three slots specified with values of 13000, 0, and 254 while all three are set to SPA 303 instead of 303, 138, and 134 like they used to be. If the last two slots were deleted entirely I'd assume the change was on purpose but they're still there just with the bad SPA entry. However, even if you want to pretend that they removed the level limit on purpose it's pretty hard to imagine why they would remove the detrimental check on purpose.
  10. Axxius Augur

Where?
  11. kizant Augur

There's no good alternative that I know of to raidloot.com if that's what you're looking for. You'll need to either do what they do yourself or wait till they're updated.
  12. Axxius Augur

It hasn't been updated since 2021. So where are you seeing this data? Maybe the format was changed/extended like spells_us.txt was awhile ago?

The change from SPA 286 to 303 looks very likely to be intentional (and good). That's not a bug.

The other 2 slots (134 and 138) could indeed be broken, but it doesn't matter much. The level limit is set by the AA itself (you cannot have the 13k one at lv 60, and there is no reason to use lv 60 nukes at lv 120). And we don't have any beneficial procs worth using either. Those 2 slots should just be gone, if they are not already (and you are seeing some values in them that are no longer used).
  13. Axxius Augur

Actually, your damage log above confirms that slot 3 (that you claim is SPA 303, value=254) is not used. Otherwise the crit damage would be not 86450 but 87860 (i.e. 254 would get added to the pre-crit damage).
  14. Sancus Augur

It's a focus. Only the highest value is getting used. The other two lines are nonsensical, and either they shouldn't be there or their SPA is wrong.
    kizant likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Then there is no evidence of a bug, is there? SV working with procs is not a bug.
  16. kizant Augur

The Great Ganzito will sort it out.
    Axxius and Sancus like this.
  17. kizant Augur

This is fixed now.