Wizard RoS DPS

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Brohg Augur

Definitely no Wildether during ITC. It uses approximately "all" the counters, all at once.

Alliance is a 2.7M nuke (and provides a bit of boost for other wizards). Even with burns rockin', that's a good way to spend 2.0s of casting.
    Cadira and kizant like this.
  2. kizant Augur

Right. You don't want to use extra ITC counters up on wildether.

You would need literally everything for Skyfire to be better but it would still be worse than or about the same as Icefloe. And if you're holding off on a few things, like I do, to spread out crit rate then it's about even with Skyfire anyway so might as well use it if Braid is down.
    You're right about dicho for the most part. Sometimes I just use it out of habit. In EoK it was more similar to how Alliance is now where it was always better than Rimeblast. But there are some cases where it may be worthwhile even during most of a burn like with gift of fire procs. Besides the wildether issue though, none of these would have a large impact on DPS for a long fight.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

If this log file isn't gone, would it be imposing to ask for an overall cast count? Constant casting that produced such admirable numbers was from ... 15 casts/minute? 20?
  4. kizant Augur

Gamparse says it lasted 830 seconds. So, about 16.8 casts/minute going by regular spell casts.

[IMG]
  5. kizant Augur

Here's some more info to keep in mind when making comparisons. One thing i forgot is we were getting Roar of the Lion. I think Sancus pays off one of our Shaman to hit our group. I'd guess Lion accounts for around 6k DPS or so and melee as a whole is good for around 30k. Plus I use Intensity, glyph, and we have good ADPS in general.

[IMG]
    Sancus and gotwar like this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Call of Sky Strike0s0s0sMagic -100Single
    Push: 1
    2: Decrease Current HP by 35
    3: Stun for 1s

:mad:
  7. kizant Augur

In the first video you see me click it off after burn and the named isn't in a corner. Although, after the last patch it doesn't seem to work on the named anymore. Unless I've just been imaging it.. but there were changes to fling type abilities.
  8. Sancus Augur

Just need Grelleth's Royal Seal, problem solved tbh. Also Piemastaj deserves all the credit (and potential corruption charges) for any bribery occurring.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Weren’t you the guy still missing a Bifold eye/Hate’s Fury shield/Shawl aug? Bigger fish to fry for you, FQCSancus.
  10. Sancus Augur

I do have all of those things now, so I'm going to pretend I'm one of the cool kids who can look down on the hordes of plebs without them. Plus I've achieved a great variety of other things vicariously through Sancusjr.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I miss chatting with Sancus. Not Sancusjr however...
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Damn you been busy. Now I look douchier than usual :(.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Well there's still a use for a magic proc instead of disease from time to time.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Bunbo New Member

By watching your Video. Wizard make a good box. click 5-6 burn button than have to do nothing woooo ez pz.
  15. Brohg Augur

you'll get about 1/3 of Kizant's dps like that, but sure. easy class :)
  16. Bunbo New Member

ok twink monk. So this is what the wizard class come down to. Trash
  17. Drogba Augur

point being, you can simplify any class down as much as you like and perform decently but far from maximum potential.
  18. Bunbo New Member

This is what happen when you box a wizard and you thought you know everything about a wizard than you come to the forum and run your mouth to change a class. So here is the end resort.
  19. Sancus Augur

What are you talking about? Wizards have traditionally been far more simple than they are now. They are a good box class, but the gap between a well played wizard and a boxed (or bad) wizard has increased over time.
    Brohg likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

yeah there were whole years where wizarding was literally chain casting one nuke until OOM then shrugging & sitting down
    Sayf likes this.