Wizard returning after 2+ xpacs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Evercluck, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Evercluck New Member

I left the game months after Broken Mirror's release and I'm just returning. A lot has changed, at first glance AA consolidation. Any tips would be helpful!

Starting back slowly mostly group play, but would love to get into raiding eventually.
  2. kizant Augur

Not too much is different.They consolidated familiars so we only have one and it does a combination of what he old ones used to do.So, that's basically an upgrade.

They consolidated fury of ro/eci/druzzil lines into one fury of the gods line. It works on all resist types like fury of kera used to do. So, if you had old fire sympathetic augs you can get rid of them and just use the best ones you can find damage wise. The drawback is they changed the duration so it's no longer extended by our others AAs. It only lasts 4 minutes.

They made a change to shocking vortex so that the effects are no longer used up by weapon/aug procs. And it got a bit of a bump in EoK when it was used to trigger a new 'synergy' proc. Basically, each class got a synergy AA that adds an effect for your whole group when you cast a spell or use a certain ability. Ours is a damage proc that's triggered by a non-fire spell. At max synergy AAs it would proc every cast of vortex. In RoS they changed the synergy to work off are latest version of Fuse but you don't have to buy if you don't want. It's not really an upgrade in most cases.

They added a mana cost to AA nukes and it's pretty decent. I forget if that was done during early TBM or not but you'll probably notice having less mana to work with.

Dicho still has its bugs but still useful a lot of the time. They also added a new 'Alliance' spell for use mostly during raids. You cast it on a mob and it doesn't do damage right away. It requires other wizards to hit the mob with 8 nukes in under 3 ticks. If they do then it triggers a big 2.5 million damage nuke. Also, during that time the damage of the other wizards nukes will be increased for those 8 casts by a decent amount. Similar to the manaburn counter effect but more than twice as much damage.

Mages and Enchanters are back to being OP like usual.