Wizard resists.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ceto Elder

Hiya folks,

I'm leveling up a wizard right now, level 37 and in all level appropriate defiant gear. The problem is i'm constantly getting resisted, even on blue con mobs. It's pretty much resist, resist, partial resist, resist.

It's very frustrating, I like my wizard, he's pretty decent when my spells actually hit for full damage, but thats very rare now. Is this how the wizard is all the time, or is there something i can do to make it better? I always have my familiar out, I know that helps with fizzles, not sure about resists.

Thanks!
  2. kizant Augur

I haven't played at that level in a long time but in general magic based nukes suck so never use those. And if fire/ice are having issues it's probably just the specific mob and you might want to try somewhere else. You can also get a staff of temperate flux but it'll only help a tiny bit. Or the ideal option is to find a mage or shaman to KS. Just wait for them to debuff first!
  3. Scorrpio Augur

I never really looked at wiz lineup but don't you have resist debuffs? I mean chanters are mostly magic and after a tash almost everything sticks. Druids got cold and fire debuffs, etc

Another thing is choosing targets. Alla should have fairly good info which mobs are more or less resistant.

I also sorta recall from days of yore late 30s being the doldrums for wizards. It should pick back up around 45 or so.
  4. fransisco Augur

there is the staff of temporal flux (temple of sol ro) quest with a small clicky debuff (-10 maybe)?
    Thats all wizards get for debuffs I believe. Especially in classic times