Wizard Rains Nerfed on MOTM mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kixx, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Kixx Journeyman

Greetings Daybreak Developers!

With the last patch wizard rains were affected against MOTM buffed mobs on TLP servers. Currently wizard rains are only doing 2 waves vs. the classic 3 waves.

Under the current change it seems that with the MOTM "shadowman" is absorbing some of the hits and therefore not allowing the full 3 waves to fully hit the raid mobs. This will be a problem for current and future TLP's with wizard rains in a raid setting and completely nullfying their damage.

Outside of MOTM mobs it still functions correctly. Tested; tried and true.

With MOTM rains will only hit 2 times.

Please report and bring this to attention for the community.

Thank you,

Kixx
  2. Vinn New Member

Absolutely terrible for our class. I practically do no DPS anymore. Please help.
  3. its_a_secret Journeyman

This has to be a bug. I listed it in the live patch bug notes.
  4. Celatus Augur

True story please look into this.
  5. RancorBeast New Member

6. Tanadien Journeyman

ya, seems like something that got nerfed out of nowhere.. please look into it
  7. Febb Augur

This is most likely the change of maxtargets from 0 to 4.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Confirmed! If the caster gets motm song debuff it drops it to 2 waves on a single target.

Havent checked if 4 targets are around.
  9. Coirnav Augur

Wizards were overpowered in this era on TLPs. I know because I have an alt wizard that with half his gear missing is able to top a parse over most people except fully geared wizards.

If this was a balance change then it was well done.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

All I remember in classic EQ is wizards taking Death Touches in Sky and never making a parse at all.
  11. Malokhan Elder

Wrong. Wizards fall behind monks until Luclin on most fights, with a good collection in velious being good for wizards. Wizards own Luclin outside a few bosses. PoP it depends on target but rogues (with time dagger) > rangers/wizards/monks. Wizards will top some bosses, and suck on others.

Well we used to. This rain nerf explains why I was parsing so low last night in Time. I'll need to review my log files to confirm, see if 3rd wave registers at all. If not I'll just weave in another nuke and adjust for threat change. If it does, then rains may be dead.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Confirmed as well. Hopefully this gets fixed. Poor wizzys!
  13. Rovell Elder

I wouldn't consider a 45-47% nerf to their DPS on long raid fights to be an act of intentional "balancing", would you?

Vulak pre-patch in 1042s, 1925k @1847
    #1 Wizard + pets 83152 [4.32%]
    #2 Wizard 82478 [4.28%]
    #3 Monk 75036 [3.9%]
    #4 Rogue 68148 [3.54%]
    #5 Necromancer + pets 63917 [3.32%]
    #6 Monk 61404 [3.19%]
    #7 Monk 60970 [3.17%]
    #8 Rogue 60726 [3.15%]
    #9 Necromancer 59620 [3.1%]
    #10 Monk 58170 [3.02%]

Vulak post-patch in 970s, 1904k @1963
    #1 Monk 77509 [4.07%]
    #2 Necromancer + pets 67586 [3.55%]
    #3 Rogue 63824 [3.35%]
    #4 Necromancer 63710 [3.35%]
    #5 Rogue 61199 [3.21%]
    #6 ShadowKnight 59437 [3.12%]
    #7 Monk 58980 [3.1%]
    #8 Monk 58922 [3.09%]
    #9 Ranger 58205 [3.06%]
    #10 Magician + pets 57849 [3.04%]

Last Week's #1 and #2 Finishers on post-patch Vulak kill:
    #21 Wizard + pets 46350 [2.43%]
    #23 Wizard 44459 [2.34%]

That third tick of rain made all the difference. Yet it continues to work on non-MOTM mobs. This feels like an oversight rather than an intentional change.
  14. Febb Augur

Curious. Wizards experiencing this, are your familiars in front of you near the MotM NPC or behind you?
  15. Blastoff Augur

We don't have familiars on Coirnav but this problem is effecting mages too.
  16. Kixx Journeyman

bump please address
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wizards are not op in any expansion that agnarr has been through. In all cases they require a lot of work, aggro control and they never dominate consistently. Sometimes they win, but not always. And never afk.

An average wizard eats a lot of deaths. A poor monk rogue or ranger almost never dies on an entire raid.

This was certainly a bug and theres no reason to nerf caster dps in these early expos relative to melee anyways.
  18. Kixx Journeyman

@ROXXLYY @PRATHUN
  19. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Why are you choosing this of all things for balance? It's not like there were dozens of wizards filling out every raid to begin with.
  20. taffastrophe New Member

It's definitely a bug. Can you get this fixed soon, please? It's really, really annoying.

Thanks!