Wizard raid dps, GoD and beyond?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Jun 25, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Thinking of starting one, but curious how their raid dps is, single target?
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you're on a TLP, don't.
    If you're not on a TLP, still don't.
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

You sound very credible.
  4. Axxius Augur

GoD, OoW and the next few expansions really, REALLY sucked for Wizards. Everything was incredibly resistant and we didn't get any good AA either, fell way behind melee dps at the time. Things only started to turn around in SoD when we got some love.

I don't know how historically accurate TLP is, but I would not recommend a Wizard without SoD era AA and spells.
    kizant likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The disparity is much worse on TLP than it was originally due to the increases in melee dps that far outweigh the increases casters have gotten.

The increases we gained in SoD were in many cases nerfed such as Twincast no longer being extended and Frenzied Devastation having the mana cost penalty increased significantly.

Things will still improve in SoD, but don't expect it to be like it was...and then expect to resume getting murdered in your sleep in Underfoot when melee made huge gains.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Roll a zerker as main and dabble with a wizard on the side if you just like seeing stuff go boom quick. The difference is that while the zerker and wizard can make the first couple or few mobs dead quite fast, the zerker continues bashing heads in while the wizard has to taper back while cooldowns and mana regen happen. I mained a wizard during the time when Plane of Time was contemporary. That was before, imho, the class was "WoW-ified" ...but that's a whole different story. Playing a wizard back then was about strategically interjecting your burst dps at the best times during the takedown of a raid mob.

For playing a wizard now on the raid scene, look at Kizant's videos. But either way, as Beimuth states, you're just not near the pinacle of dps.
    Endaar likes this.