Wizard - Proper way to AE dps?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cadira, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

Hey wizards,

Anyone figure out the best ae's to load and sequence to cast them in for best overall dps? Special concerns with using certain ones etc?

I hate how beam is on same timer as Cloudburst, anyone find a way to make your weave skip CB if it's down from beam? Maybe I just need to make a weave specifically for ae's when that's all I'm doing I guess but figured the pros might have some insight here.

Thanks for any info! I'll take whatever I can get.
  2. Brohg Augur

AEing as a wizard sucks. Use beam any time you can (just takes a couple targets to make its per-cast damage worthwhile as long as the blind isn't game-ending), but … I just blow off the rest. Usage too wonky on splashes & selfie; shared timers keep regular AEs from being usable on their own so: too many spell gems to get going on a reasonable level; the overall payoff is thoroughly "meh" over just blasting away on the regular plan. Note that Improved Familiar doesn't focus AEs, so they have to be that much better than regular nukes to make up that lack besides.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

Thanks for the info dude. I thought it felt like wizard ae was meh but wasn't sure. Guess I'll just use beam most of the time then.
  4. kizant Augur

Cadira likes this.