Wizard or magician for Mangler

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Revan, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Revan New Member

I'm coming back to Everquest after 15ish years. I've been narrowing down what I want to play the last few days, and have settled on mage or wizard. I would prefer the wizard, but I'm concerned that finding groups might be a problem, and from what I understand they don't solo well. This will be my only character until beastlord comes out, and I would appreciate any input.
  2. Fluid Augur

I've always found Magicians easy to run. They work well at resource gathering for things like spider silk.

100% agree a Wizard is a tougher character to level but not impossible. If you can manage to get into the 8-12 levels, there are still a lot of ad hoc experience groups in Unrest that would get you to the 20s.

Solo for a Wizard to me means a lot of root and burn with root breaking and having to zone. I go through a lot of SoW potions. Still the payoff is pretty good once they get their evacs and ports.
  3. Phiyre Augur

Mages definitely are easier to solo play. Wizzies get a lot better when they get their snare for kiting. At later levels though, I found wizzie nukes to get partially resisted and harder to do good dps w/o a debuffer.. Wiz are nice for the ports and stuff later. Mage nice for CoH/summoned stuffs.
    I have a mage and wiz and heavily prefer the mage.
    Had no issue lvling each class solo, as mobs summon/immune to run change speed, wizzie gets much harder. You can still quad/kite w/o snare but one mistake and you die quickly..