Wizard molo?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, Apr 1, 2018.

1. ceto Elder

Hi

I was wondering if any experienced Wizards out there can tell me how well Wizards can molo at the higher levels, and which merc I should be using.

Thanks!
  2. Brohg Augur

a wizard forced to solo won't be helped much by a mercenary, as their ability to solo is almost entirely based on kiting mobs that don't summon.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you are very over-geared, you can tank mobs while the merc heals you. Be wary of white-cons and above and stick to singlepulls. Even some blues hits too hard for this to to be viable though.

Generally speaking, a wizard needs company to achieve challenging stuff, they don't molo/solo well.
  4. menown Augur

Keep your back to a wall or corner. Another option is to use a mount to prevent interrupts from melee push.
  5. kizant Augur

You should solo without a merc for anything that doesn't summon. Mercs are mostly useless.

If there is named you want to try and it doesn't have some spell reflect ability or spawn adds, etc... Well you want a cleric merc, arcane destruction ready for your rune, and pretty much doing a full burn, and of course netherstep. You basically want to kite as much as possible since there's usually a decent delay between being summoned. You kind of want to run, get summoned, netherstep, nuke, run, get summoned, nethestep, nuke, etc. Give your cleric merc time to heal you. Throw in some instant fire nukes while running if you can. Maybe start with a manaburn and spam nukes at first until AD is down. I don't know. There's no easy approach that's safe/reliable like other classes.
  6. ceto Elder

Thanks for the responses.
  7. Critts Augur

You can pretty much use any merc you want tho I would suggest a cleric. You can use Agro tricks to switch Agro from you to your merc to split up damage to save you and the merc, however the bag of tricks only goes so far before being used up. Another option is just kite and have the cleric heal you if you get hit or if your spells feedback on you. You can use a DPS merc to kill more quickly. You can also try to rune tank mobs while a DPS merc kills them or in other words you can eat dirt. A tank merc is pretty much useless as a tank better to use a Rouge merc if that’s the way you want to go. So yes wizards can kill stuff at higher lvs by them selfs, but your not going to be able to do task or misssions without at least a tank.