Wizard Heroic Character Guide

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Beimeith, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Saphfyre Elder

Yeah, I have a level 90 wizard with max subtlety. I grouped with a fresh 85 heroic wizard and he was pulling aggro off my level 90 J5 tank merc almost every pull.

I was getting crits for 60K+ and he was commenting on how I never pull aggro even with those big crits. I had to teach him about subtlety and the concussion line of spells.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Crits don't cause extra aggro.
  3. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thanks for sharing this, it is a very useful guide.
  4. Edrick Augur

This guide is awesome. Can someone make a similar one for magicians? You would be super and I will give you a sticker.
  5. Varlak New Member

WoW thanks lots I was shy to ask someone else to do the job and find what I should be doing myself lol.

nice post
  6. Varlak New Member

What would be a good kitting rotation ?

shackle + Ethereal combustion with instant cast on the move ?
  7. Naugrin Augur

Some variation of fire ethereal, fire instant, and wildmagic/chaos .....maybe toss in havoc here and there......keep pyromancy on. Ethereal after instant so if the instant procs the boost to fire, the Ethereal gets the boost.
  8. Jiggs Elder

Another side benefit of pyromancy is the inherent fire debuff it places on the mob.

At level 85, the debuff is like -50. At level 100 after buying all ranks the debuff is a -145. Here is the detailed spell info from raidloot.com (eqresource also now has spell info)

[37013] Greater Pyromantic IgnitionClasses: WIZ/254
    Target: Single
    Range: 350'
    Resist: Fire -1000
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: -11400
    1: Decrease Current HP by 11400 per tick
    6: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
  9. Whizzle New Member

Hey guys,

returning player here. I'm level 82 - wizard. Can you tell me a few things?

1) Where should I be soloing at 82?
    2) What Merc should I be using?
    3) and what's my spell cast order again? Do I root or nuke or snare and nuke?
    and
    4) I just clicked on auto-grant AAs - I had about 550 saved up before. Should I turn on levelling or keep getting AAs? Not sure if SS subtlety is maxed yet.

Been a while -- thanks! :)
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

11. Whizzle New Member

Thanks I will check out those AA's - isn't the Twincast auto-gained for me though? The only thing except for Spell Casting Subtlety right?

also, which Merc should I be using? I remember i was doing a quest to unlock a higher tiered one a while ago.

and, any tips on spell cast order for my level - or a good site for that kind of info?
  12. Naugrin Augur

The twincast spell is level 85 and is a must...rank 2 can be bought with proper faction in OGH (tradable).

When kiting there is no need for a merc.....dont get hit. But get a journeyman healer merc for buffs and for heals when needed.

The OP in this thread gives pretty much all the info you need.
  13. Filter Augur

Are there any "tricks" for the 86 to 90 range that need to be adjusted for this guide?
  14. Brohg Augur

what are you calling "tricks" and why would they need adjusting?
  15. sojero One hit wonder

He is asking if there is anything to add for the 86-90 or if it is still the same.

For the most part the spell lineups remain the same for a very long time, and just add in AA as you get them. No new OMG stuff for the 86-90
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

well the spells Rk1 lvl 86-90 is on the POK spell venders.
    You can just level your toon and use the Auto AA to get free AA to lvl 90 now.
    not sure if you have to be in POK or just zone to get them once you level.

new actived AA's
    86 AA Concussive Intuition
    86 AA Dimensional Shield
    90 AA Atol's Unresistable Shackles
    90 AA Improved Twincast
    90 AA Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar
  17. Filter Augur

You're correct Sojero. Thank you for the clarification!!

Thank you Crazy for the info!
  18. svann Augur

Small kiting tip: When you stop to cast, stop then do a little turn first to make sure you are really stopped, then cast. It will help you prevent those interrupts.
  19. Snowfrog New Member

could you please update for level 90? i just got back after 5 years as a lvl 91 and i'm pretty lost.
  20. Brohg Augur

Heroic Characters are perpetually 85 :)