Wizard Harvest

Discussion in 'Casters' started by menown, Jan 7, 2014.

1. menown Augur

Have wizards asked for harvest to be a quick casting ability with either a silence or spell gem lockout for the same duration? I haven't been involved much with the wizard community suggestions, but I always hear complaints about interrupts while harvesting and sometimes you have to move for raid mechanics or something else.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

It was instacast but DoN progression resist anything AA and then Underfoot Mystical Shield resist anything AA would result in Harvest failures.

The Dev started talking about it was some ultra-complicated fix that was on the list and they eventually listened to many Wizards who said if it's a complicated fix just scrap the fancy mechanics and give it a long casting time.

Drawback: it can be interrupted.
    Benefit: if you want to cancel it because root breaks, raid emote or whatever reason you can immediately recast the spell as opposed to the old insta cast one which would be unavailable until it refreshed.
  3. menown Augur

Does the paladin instant cast heal that has the spell gem lockout ever get resisted because of DoN progression and Mystical Shield?
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Does it have a detrimental aspect to it?

The main problem with the old harvest was that it doomed a spell on you and as this doom spell was detrimental it could thus be resisted.

However, that wasn't the only issue:

The doomed spell made us "fragile" in that if we took any action: move, cast a spell, etc. the spell would break and we would lose the Harvest, and the gem would not refresh. This happened quite a bit while raiding.

They refused to simply remove the doom aspect and make it a straight up mana restore, they wanted there to be some "downside" to using the spell.

The only suggestion that really addressed all issues the best at the time (it still wasn't a perfect solution), was to give it a fixed, (cannot be reduced) 12 second cast time.

As for the original question of instant cast with silence/lockout, that isn't necessarily better. While it can be interrupted, with the long recast time you can still break the harvest and use it later.

With an instant cast silence/gem lockout, you cannot stop it. If the raid starts wiping, you can't evac. If you pull aggro, you can't fade. If you need to nuke, you can't. Etc.

(lockout wouldn't stop those first two, but you get my point).
  5. menown Augur

Still I think the spell gem lockout idea is a better solution then the long cast time. Yea you cannot evac or fade but it does allow you to do other things in those 12 seconds like move without having to start a recast.
  6. greydeeds Augur

Wizzies are way over -powered 350k plus Damage nukes .
    Harvest what ?
    mana regen like a Necromancer Huh !!!
    wizzies aint Necromancers and shouldnt be given anything like abilities period.
    berstained wtf
    nuker necro ?
    Necromancers should be given Back swifts on raid mobs if wizzies can do 350k dmg , swifts btw only do 140k crits twincast.

Not only should we be given back Swifts on Raid mobs but we should be given Full SD on Nukes not the 1/3rd SD we are given for SD.
    we are not a Lessor Int caster !

NO wizzie can do what i can do solo period.

and what wizzies ?

[IMG]

No Wizzie should get anything like Necromancer ability.
    we are not the same.
  7. greydeeds Augur

No wizzies should over poer Necromncers like they do ?
  8. Gladare Augur

I really hate reading your posts.
  9. silku Augur

I think he gave me a migraine.
  10. Naugrin Augur

Are other necros ashamed of you?
  11. Filatal Augur

Hmm, mods deleted like 4 threads of his tripe this morning. Guess they missed this one.
  12. Dandin Augur

I was doing fine until I read this thread. Then I had to rip off my Nocotine patch on my arm, and go outside and chain smoke for 7 hours straight, just so I develop terminal cancer and die.

Just kidding. Smoking is disgusting

This thread have me cancer, anyways.

I... Just don't know why I end up finding these ones...