wizard, dungeons, soloing(moloing) and constant power problems.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by eq_fan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. eq_fan Journeyman

so i like my wizard but trying to do daily quests that send me to dungeons are something i havent figured out how to do. i have a cleric merc so no worries on staying alive, but when i get adds basically i run oit of power then have to run for the exit.

so.. any strategy for doing dungeons moloing as a wizard or am I doomed to avoid these places?

im level 47 atm.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Moloing in dungeons is a wizards greatest weakness. :(
    Mobs often summon, they come in packs and the environment is too cramped for kiting.
    The only tip I can give you is to use root and stuns as much as you can. Try to park adds away from you and back off, such that at most one mob is in melee range of you and your merc. Use a shield and see if face-tanking is possible or try to nuke at a distance on rooted mobs(if they don't summon).
    Everytime the root breaks, cast a stun to win time, and reapply the root then back out of melee range...
    Evac is your friend, when things get hairy(they WILL get hairy!).
    If mana is an issue, try to use less demanding spells, or root the mob for a harvest break...

Accept that some dungeons are just too hard, and return after some more levelling(or with friends), there are places even a raid-geared wizard can't handle...

Im not sure how good tank-mercs are at low level, maybe you can burn mobs down before the tank dies ? not feasible at high levels though...
  3. eq_fan Journeyman

thx good advice. tanks mercs are pretty good but to many mobs and same problem im oop or tank dies fast. suppose its outside for me when solo molo.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh I usually get help for dungeons, unless Im 5 levels above the dungeon level. Im TBM/EoK raid-geared and I still have trouble with some CotF HAs like Neriak(as they are immune to root there).

Dungeons are really problematic for molo/solo wizards...
    At least wizards are useful in dungeon-crawling groups.
    A low level wizard doesn't have many tools, when you get higher level you can sometimes get away with using (almost)all of your dps AA-abilities at the same time and simply burn them down before you die. Furthermore, at higher levels you will have mana for more encounters before you run out.

If its feasible on your server you could try to find people on your own level to group with, chances are they need the dailies too.

Generally speaking, if the mob cons yellow and can't be kited, then you can't win, at least that's my experience from when I was your level.
    Then again when I was 47 I didn't have a merc, so maybe its different now. my problem back then, was more getting killed and less running out of mana.

Another solution could be to upgrade your items, If there is room for improvement there?
    Most good items have focus effects that makes you more mana efficient.
  5. svann Augur

Rain spells are super mana efficient. But yea in dungeons you will have other problems.