Wizard DPS

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ravilla, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Ravilla Journeyman

So I have a level 60 Wiz on Selo and I know everyone says they are suppose to be crazy DPS, but I just dont see it. I mean at 60 without hoping for the drop/paying thousands of plat for Winds of Gelid or Sunstrike my highest dmg spells are Tears of Prexus and Conflagration. So am I missing something or is this how it is until you are able to get the high end spells that I probably will just have to wait for PoP to release to get.
  2. raylone New Member

wiz scale with gear/aa more then others classes so yes you need more of everything to notice a difference, were others can peak early but lose their edge regardless of gear even thu it still helps.
  3. Gana Augur

IIRC, Sunstrike can drop from Guardian Wurms in Skyfire. They summon, so bring a group.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

They do more dps on Mangler, you have to level your wiz up there instead.
  5. kizant Augur

I haven't seriously played a level 60 wizard in a really long time. I guess it was into 2001. However, why can't you just spam Jyll's Wave of Heat and Jyll's Zephyr of Ice if you're AEing and don't have Winds? I don't see why it's that different. Maybe ask on the TLP forums for a good answer but I doubt anyone saying that wizards have 'crazy' DPS during that era are simply spamming Sunstrike.
  6. Blastoff Augur

Wizard during Luclin is rain based. Master your rain/concussion rotation and you'll top parse on pretty much every Luclin raid boss. Rain-->3x concussions for about the first 40% of a boss's health is a good place to start(varies a lot based on the tanks and length of the fight). Pumping out dps for a wizard is all about maximizing the number of rains you get off on your target since they are 50% more efficient than your single target nukes...100% if you can rain on 2 targets for 4 waves instead of 3. Another thing about wizard during luclin is that a few years back some changes were made to crit aa's. The result was that during luclin wizards can get up to 12 or 13% crit while everyone else is at 7-8% crit chance. This is the main reason wizards are so incredibly dominant during luclin. Maxing out your crit aa's is your top priority. On Coirnav we were all way over geared during luclin with capped ft and all so at the end of the fight, having rained on cooldown the entire fight, we would still have mana left, and start throwing out some sunstrikes/garrison's sundering in between rains to blow remaining bar.
  7. Ravilla Journeyman

the problem with using the AE spells like tears or even jyll is in a group I would be breaking the mez or just making everything aggro me. It really only does me good to use tears when its a single mob or a mob thats been pulled far enough from others so it hits just that mob multiple times.
  8. kizant Augur

Well you did bring up Winds of Gelid. I'm just pointing out that based on cast and recast times it's not much different than just casting the other two PB AEs. If you're killing named that's one thing but even in Kunark AE groups were best for exp. Chardok groups were some of the best. Wizards in the group game where you're killing 1 mob at a time is not all that great imo.
  9. Ravilla Journeyman

Guess I didn't realize that winds of gelid was a PB ae, thought it was another tears/rain spell
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Seb AE groups to 62 are simply EXP machines. Find a couple ench buds and a cleric...and a crazy someone to pull the shizz.....