Wizard class still "dead"?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Waitwhat, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Yes Wizards are banjaxed as are Rangers !
  2. kizant Augur

My video isn't a great example since it's early in the expansion. DoT classes and melee will get a good boost from gear and everyone is spread out on Mean Streets so those numbers aren't very reliable. The first day for T2 should be more useful so I'd just wait for that.

I wouldn't expect any big changes anytime soon although I'm hoping Mana Burn gets some adjustments soon.
    menown likes this.
  3. Valcron Elder

They also didn't mention any class adjustments in the year preview post, so my guess is nothing really changes.
  4. kizant Augur

Well for announcements like they may only want to commit to things they're 100% sure of.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

Not to take away from anything else in your post, but I wanted to point out that wizards got an upgrade to the TBL vortex in CoV, so the NoS vortex was the upgrade over the CoV vortex. I'm not sure how important that is anymore since most wizards will either be level 120 or on TLP servers that haven't even reached TBL. But in case it helps someone, I wanted to point it out.
  6. Valcron Elder

@kizant Have you ever had meaningful discussions with any of the devs, and have they ever acknowledged that there are issues with Wizards are high levels ?
  7. kizant Augur

They did acknowledge the problem originally and have made some small steps to improve things. Right now, melee are probably worse off overall so I don't think Wizards are as high priority as they were two years ago.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/wizard-love.273371/page-10#post-4010166
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  8. Valcron Elder

9. kizant Augur

Yep but I also don't want to get anyone's hopes up. This may end up being our good year and the next few trend further down.
  10. Valcron Elder

Thanks for being a champion for the class.
    Waitwhat and Kazint like this.
  11. Valcron Elder

I am curious, are you still actively playing your wizard?
  12. kizant Augur

I'm at the point in the year where I just raid once a week. Although, I may go back to leveling my wizard on Rizlona. I kinda want to do some raids when they get to RoF.
  13. Valcron Elder

I'm currently on Aradune right now.
    kizant likes this.
  14. Eovandall New Member

I am a wizard. I have had the one toon (Eovandall Everdark; Tunare (formerly Seventh Hammer)) since 10/2000. I recall my class was touted as Masters of Arcane Destruction. I also recall being nerfed, and turned into Masters of Arcane Transportation (i.e. taxi cabs).
    Times are somewhat better, but wizards have not kept up. We should be world-class damage dealers. In my estimation our damage output should be considerably more. This is not a disparagement against other classes. Rangers, mages, necromancers, etc deserve the damage they do. But wizards ARE damage. It is all we ever were supposed to be, and all we should do.
    I humbly ask the devs to un-nerf us, not with little tweaks, but rather with a simple (I hope) alteration: A new familiar (perhaps the result of some epochal quest), that enhances damage *not* 60-70%, but rather 200%. Something Norrathian-shaking. This would not take away anything from other classes, and would enhance a class that has long been overlooked.
    Thank you for your attention.
    /bow
    Eoooooooooooooo
  15. Valcron Elder

As long as Mages and Necros are around, Wizards still live a hard life, don't expect the new expansion to fix them. It will just be more copy and paste stuff.
    Skuz likes this.