Wizard Burn

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Naugrin, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Naugrin Augur

Since the patch, the longest I've been able to burn before going oom is 1 minute and 20 seconds. 22 casts with a mana pool of 127033.

I tried using Sustained Devastation instead of Frenzied Devastation and got 4 or 5 more casts in. So yeah, that's utterly useless.

When not burning, using the same spells, I managed 56 casts which took 3 minutes and 33 seconds before going oom.
  2. Azlynx Elder

This is bad all bad. I was almost oom 50% into vitio. Pyro was eating me and a lot of spells I casted reflected on me. Noticed about a 100k dps drop.
  3. Azlynx Elder

seriously though how is it that end game geared we can barely get through a round of frenzied without being oom and everything reflecting on us. Pyro is eating us alive. Do they even test this crap?
    Brogett likes this.
  4. tanj New Member

Well, I imagine something in the new expansion will address this - and we'll have to buy it to fix this wizard issues.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

We test it for them and they ignore the results and push broken abilities live, it's a good system that seems to work.....for them.
  6. Azlynx Elder

Also ethereals are apparently taking the double mana cost and not giving the effect. Timer on Sustained Devastation is only going down with flamewing, cloudburst, barrage etc. Please fix this crap. This is idiotic.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

New patch notes........
  8. Zarakii Augur

i dont even play a wizard but find this a bit too harsh i thought it was a screw up on the patch but its still screwed up today.... kinda bad when people think it was a mistake to find out it went through as intended.......
  9. Manaelil Elder

Wiz was barely able to sustain before this nerf. Wonder which brain dead dev decided it would be a good idea to cut our fuel lines and leave us at the mercy of other classes for any dps whatsoever. Now we are gonna have to rely on rangers for crit chance and all of our dps will be dependant on stacking iog and black wolf at exactly the right time.

horseshit. We all know how this change came about. Some melee dps who love to take it in the rear decided the whisper in the ears of the devs "we don't know how to play our classes so instead of learning how nerf wizards pls they are so op" Never mind the fact that for anything above 4m necro outdpses wiz. Now you have essentially transformed wiz so that they are exactly the same as melee dps. We are suppose to stack all of our buffs at once and rely entirely on burns to do dps.

This is by far the worst change that you have ever implemented. I hope this message makes you find the nearest corner and cry in shame before submitting your letters of resignation. You should also release the name of the whiners who never stop complaining about how OP wizards are so that we can all make fun of how bad their skills are.
  10. svann Augur

This sounds too good to be true.
  11. Zarakii Augur

and?

Sorry im stickin up for the wizards here but that line pissed me off lol
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

Kind of like most classes have been for years?

I'm not a fan of nerfs to any class and am certainly unhappy this was pushed live in such a broken state, but this response is really overboard.
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Zarakii Augur

lol thats why it pissed me off but made my chuckle a little

Cause NEEDing your song window full bard and shaman epic RF auspice and more timed perfectly with what you want to use with all that to maximize ones dps or be left in the dark by casters (sorry for those wizards being nice to me ^_^) hasnt had to be done for YEARS o_O end rant sorry i wont derail this

Fix wizards!!!!
  14. Manaelil Elder

Its not overboard. It's appropriate because thats the scale and nature of this change. If your main disc was now unusable because it increased mana consumption to absurd levels you would be just as upset. PD is a disc central to all wizard dps. Increasing the mana cost of PD by 35ish percent essentially makes it unusable and further increases the dependance of wizards on other classes. Whereas before our burn might have accounted for maybe 50 percent of wizard dps now it is closer to 80 percent.

Furthermore the point that it is exactly like every other class is my issue. If I wanted to play a zerker or a monk I would have rolled a zerker or a monk. What was before an interesting and mentally engaging problem of stacking group discs exactly right to maximize dps is now stacking everything at once and mashing buttons.

I don't want Wizards to be exactly like every other class. I certainly don't want the rationale behind world ending nerfs to be other classes complaining about how OP wizards are. Those idiots don't know how to read a parse because even before the recent changes wizards were being outdpsed by necros. Is it too much to ask for a modicum of intelligence and reason behind developer decisions instead of the backdoor whispering of jealous bickerers.
  15. kizant Augur

It's completely appropriate. Bugs aside they've already conceded the fact that they over did it with the increased mana usage and backed off a bit. What I'm seeing right now on test is still a nerf but a reasonable one whether we agree with it or not.
  16. Reval Augur

Now you guys can see what raiding on Zek is like, just a little bit! We're becoming a community again! Can you feel it?! For all the spells we cast, this is the true magic.

17. kizant Augur

It does seem like they want to make classes more dependent on one another. So, that might not be as far from the goal as you might think.
  18. Yielzen New Member

i have been an everquest wizard for 15 years and have never posted on a sony/daybreak forum due to being nerfed...or whatever else i may not have liked but they went way overboard with this one...if a necros pet, or a mages rain gets nerfed, they take a hit sure 10k dps at the MOST....nerfing any class for 100k dps is way to much.

You guys who made this decision do you even know anything about everquest? I rolled a wizard with the understanding that i could not take a hit and still deal massive amounts of DPS like a monk, or not have a pet to be able to take hits for me like a Mage, or a Necro. Mind you mages are damn close to wizard dps and necro sustain dps is better than ours and they have pets? how is that fair......Wizards are suppose to be the masters of damage, which is why they are so squishy, and which is why they dont have pets.....gonna make a long story short and just say please fix this crap, dont kill the wizard class
  19. Brohg Augur

you're like 8 hours late posting, Yielzen. removal of the mana pres suppression dealt with this.
  20. Brohg Augur

To shift the discussion some now that the mana thing has been mostly resolved (nerfed, but to the intentional level not the broke level) - is 58 counters of Sustained expected to be more total damage than 45 counters of Frenzied? How about with different levels of support? Like if you have brd or dru or enc or rng then you don't need to be paying so much for crit rate, but there's still the multiplier difference. Clearly Frenzied is higher dps regardless, so its the pick for short burns (Vitio obvious exemplar), but on ~every other event it's total damage that matters.