Wizard alliance

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Manaelil Elder

When I was testing fulmination on combat dummies the message for frostbound alliance being fulfilled had a very short range (if you're too far away from the mob you won't see it). There is no real way to know if the alliance is fulfilled unless you see that message but if you have more than two wizards at a raid event there is a great likelihood of the alliance being fulfilled (assuming the wizzes in your raid are actually casting dd spells).

The text showing fulfillment is as follows.

Someone's frostbound alliance is fulfilled.

Where "Someone's" is replaced by whatever creature the alliance was casted on.

The requirements for fulfillment are 8 spells (procs not counted but twincasts do count) casted by wizards other than the wizard that casted the alliance. If manaelil casts the alliance then manaelil can't cast the spells that trigger it. Sorry if this is basic info but its always good to verify these things.

Oh and before I forget only one alliance can be up at a time. By coordination I mean that you need a rotation for wizards to cast it since if 2 of them cast it at once one of the alliances is wasted.
  2. Brohg Augur

2696520 versus 2412330 for berserkers, at rank 3. That is more …by less than one nuke.

For reference, in order of magnitude, they go like this:
    Holy Fulmination (Paladin): 1140962, and Stun for 4s up to level 110
    Broken Bones (Bard): 2166816
    Bloodletting (Shadowknight): 2170617
    Venomous (Beastlord): 2224515
    Bosquestalker (Ranger): 2292966 (split 1188607 fire + 1104359 ice)
    Chromatic (Enchanter): 2341541
    Firebound (Magician): 2347439
    Doomwalker (Monk): 2406993
    Demolisher (Berserker): 2412330
    Poisonous (Rogue): 2523750
    Malevolent (Necromancer): 2551820
    Frostbound (Wizard): 2696520
  3. Brohg Augur

I don't mean to be deceptive, Wizards & magicians share an advantage over melee alliances in that one of our core nukes (Claw/Chaotic) can get us extra goes at it, and Gift of Mana can spare us from the cost (if some of the dps of using it on-cooldown is given up). But the actual ability is right in line, especially considering that ours has a cast time + GCD that theirs does not.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I am confused, is this info about some other spell?

Frostbound Alliance
    7: Limit: Instant spells only
  5. Naugrin Augur

Instant duration. IE nukes, not dots.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

Thanks _ guess I will look into
    Quiescent Gambit now also

well I cansee why I was confused I thought it was
    Casting Time: Instant
  7. Brohg Augur

If you've been avoiding it, same applies to Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar. That focuses all nukes.
  8. Vrinda Augur

Our wizards were definitely casting spells. Turns out your guess was right, and it's a range issue. Not enough wizards on tonight's raid to use it (only two), but standing close to the raid boss certainly picked up alliance fulminations for other classes. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
    I'm not offended. I knew this stuff already, but some reading this thread might not. Thanks for taking the time to spell it out.