Wizard AA's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Miss_Jackie, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

So, uh. Today's expansion drop came with this:

"Wizard - Arcomancy, Cryomancy, and Pyromancy now share a 2 minute recast timer."

Why are these 3 being lumped together?
  2. mackal Augur

Before you could swap them before casting another nuke. This was never intended.
  3. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Why even have it in, in the first place?
  4. mackal Augur

The point is that you have to make a choice, not get all of them. Otherwise they would stack wouldn't they?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always figured they were the wizard version of "stances". This change seems to support my understanding.
  6. Goodn Augur

Stances are insta-switch. Which is good, because I cannot tell you the number of named I engaged while still using 2h and wondering why I was getting the snot beat out of me.

I have to give props to the wizards who have been mashing the mancy buttons to squeeze every last bit of damage. Half the time I forget to turn on a mancy after a death on my wizard.

Now that the change is in place, can a wizard who was a master-mancy-er let us know how much it added to parses? Just curious.
  7. kizant Augur

It adds very little and this change is a silly thing to complain about.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Brohg Augur

Yeahhh, I don't think there was any such beast
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what was the point of changing something that has been that way since its conception X many years ago.
  10. kizant Augur

Code consistency. Maybe spamming caused lag. Who knows. It doesn't have to be related to gameplay at all.
  11. Ragbert Elder

Came here to read about the Synergy AA. Disappointed!
    Brohg, Jumbur, kizant and 1 other person like this.