Wiz/Wiz/Ench Sustained DPS

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kelset, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Kelset Elder

I've been playing around with Kizant's dps site (awesome, Thanks K) to try to maximize my groups sustained dps. Currently I'm using multi-binds for spells on the 3 casters (Wiz/Wiz/Ench). As of now I'm triggering most ADPS manually and just alternating from ench to wiz to wiz on who's firing theirs. Gear is a mix of EOK T2 to ROS Conflagrant and I have a paladin as my tank.
    The challenge I'm having is coming up with the right mix of both spells and ADPS that are altered enough to not overlap in order to maintain a good level of sustained dps. This is for normal group crawls or camping with the occasional named spawn thrown in.
    My multi-bind on the wizards is: Force of Flame, Shocking Vortex, Twincast, Claw of Qunard, Ethereal Braid, Ethereal Sky, Cloudburst. Fury of Gods
    The enchanter maintains twincast and mana recp auras and I'll throw in 3rd spire and once its down Illusions (usually save chromatic haze for named). I'll then, one wiz at a time, trigger each of the wizards ADPS, rinse/repeat.
    Any thoughts on how to optimize this a little better? I do have hot keys for series of dps aa's but I use those mainly for named fights.
  2. fransisco Augur

Dont save haze for named. You can go a couple hours with a named, and haze pops every 10 minutes.
    Its a instant kill AA when you have other casters in the group.

Either pop it right away, or use it on harder pulls to eliminate an add
  3. Brohg Augur

I put Claw ahead of Vortex. Max chance to continue Twincasting is a pretty big deal.

Force AAs do not share timers, you can make use of all three elements.

Ethereal Skyfire may not belong in a sustained bind. Check out orders without it.

Fury of the Gods has become a burn AA, since it has 20% uptime now instead of 130ish% like Ro+Kera did
  4. Kelset Elder

Thanks, I thought the force ones were the ones that locked up a multibind, but I'll try that. Switching Claw and Vortex doesn't seem to move the needle on Kizant's but I see the point and will switch.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Wiz friend recently told me 2 wiz can trigger alliance, if 1 casting instant and fast cast nukes. Dunno if that would increase dps over what ya doing, but seems incredibly mana efficient:)
  6. kizant Augur

If you really want to try Alliance you could go with something like: claw. cloudburst, vortex, braid, wildlfash, skyfire. You'll generally get 7 spell casts without much effort. 8 if you time things right. But even if you don't time things right with twincast aura rk3 and max AAs you'll have a 16% chance to twincast which is about once every 6.25 spells. So, you'll twincast an 8th spell the majority of the time anyway.

I only suggest something like that because it would still be decent DPS without resorting to some really bad spells. Also, wiz mercs count too so if you have one of them up you shouldn't have to worry.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I once got to the result that Alliance was about 40k extra dps over time/sustained
  8. Kelset Elder

Interesting on Alliance and did not know mercs counted. I usually have a merc caster up unless I need two clerics. So you would have the same line up for both Wizards except one would frontload alliance? Or trigger alliance outside the multi-bind?

@fransisco, yes on haze for harder pulls plus the named. I also use it when you can't mez on multi-pulls or as an emergency burn if the tank goes down.
  9. kizant Augur

If you can swap spell sets easily with what you're doing. It might be good to have one wizard lead with alliance all the time and then when mana becomes an issue swap it around so the other wizard starts doing it. Coordinating so you don't get blocked, etc is probably too much effort.
  10. Kelset Elder

I can probably do that with different pages of the hotkey bars. Good info, thanks!
  11. Dreadmore Augur

I run the same setup as you. For my sustained DPS:

Wiz 1: Gambit, Twincast, Shocking Vortex, Ethereal Braid, Claw, Cloudburst, Ethereal Skyfire
    Wiz 2: Gambit, Twincast, Cloudburst, Claw, Shocking Vortex, Ethereal Braid, Ethereal Skyfire

The vortices and braids are offset since the debuff and synergy, respectively, don't stack/double up. It doesn't always work out perfectly but eh, things die quickly enough.

The key here is your enchanter. Mine has the following multibind: Dichotomic Reinforcement, Mindslash (synergy), your choice of any combo of the following: Mind Sunder for more DPS, Psychic Appropriation to pump mana back into the group, or Chromatic Blink to help rune the tank.

Running Dichotomic Reinforcement and Mindslash drastically increase your DPS with two wizards. Dichomotic adds flat damage and a reciprocating sympathetic nuke that can crit for about 100k. Additionally, I keep Mind Tempest for when gift of mana procs, which returns a large amount of mana to the enchanter.

It takes me a good 60-90 minutes of continuous killing to ever go out of mana like this.

Contrary to Brohg's advice, but I would have to argue against putting claw first in your multibind. The reason being that if claw procs spell timer refreshes and it is the first spell in your multibind, it will bug the multibind and prevent you from casting again until claw refreshes. If you have the attention to spare to all three boxes, then I do agree with putting claw first.

What I also do not have is those force AAs. Those are not mana-efficient, and I find having AAs with non-instant casting time can mess up the multibind occasionally.

Good luck!
  12. Kelset Elder

Dread, thanks for the info. In regards to force I agree, those don't seem to fire for me whether it's a straight hot key or macro in the multibind. For the claw refresh lock out, I attributed that to force so I'll have to look at it more closely.

How are you handling your aa rotations for the ench/wiz/wiz?
  13. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I keep getting lost as to what is “optimal” for a wizard lineup. I guess there are many things to consider and that is mainly why. I’ve had some amazing wizards all give different answers as well as looking around on the forums. I guess it is like many classes and it comes down to knowing the factors that come in to play with your current group or situation and also your own play style.

Never the less this thread has helped me explore some new lineups which is fun. Trying to find what works best for me and my own box group.
  14. Kelset Elder

Agree Thoxsel, it's not easy keeping track of what's optimal, especially across multiple characters.

Last night I went with:
    Alliance (1wiz), gambit, twincast, shocking, braid, claw, thunder, wildflash and skyfire, with a slightly different order on shock, braid, claw for the 2nd wizard as Dread suggested.

For the enchanter:
    Dicho, Mindslash, Mindsunder, Chromatic Flicker, deluding constriction.

Overall there was a definite difference in dps. With the caster merc Alliance fired every time and it fired most of the time with just 2 wizards. Broadcasting the same multibind key to all 3 casters helps as well. I was able to easily mow throw OT standard mobs and even rino's and golems went relatively quickly. The only challenge was the enchanter slowing things down by going oom after only 12-15 fights. However his gear is sub-optimal, even for group gear, so I'll see what happens when I equip conflagrant across the board for him.

Thanks all, good info!
    kizant likes this.
  15. Ranpha Augur

Alliance is actually easy to trigger even with two wiz, just wait until the other wiz procs twincast.
  16. Cailen Augur