wiz burn xp/group named

Discussion in 'Casters' started by took2summit, Feb 20, 2016.

1. took2summit New Member

I main an enchanter and box a wiz. Just hit 105 on wiz and honestly the char is like 3 weeks old, suffice to say i haven't even come close to learning proper play.

Would love to know when mob is pulled for just normal xp what a wiz would do as far as which spells to cast.

Also, for group named what would wiz do for max burn? Please let me know.

Thank you much
  2. Brohg Augur

Shocking Vortex (if it's up)
    Claw of the Flameweaver
    Ethereal Fuse (if it's up)
    Ethereal Skyblaze
    either Cloudburst Stormstrike if you're not moving around, or Ethereal Rimeblast if you're autofollowing
    go again from the top.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Do you usually multibind those to a key, create a social or what? And why do you have the instant cast stormstrike for sitting still and rimeblast for following?
  4. Abwoon New Member

for wizard burn i usually hit all of these before starting my rotation:
    silent casting, fury of kerafym, (have pyro and prismatic familiar up), second spire, arcane fury, call of xuzl, frenzied devastation, improved twincast, manaburn,

then dichomatic fire, ethereal (fire/magic/ice), cloudburst when it's low %health.
    i've not seen any named in TBM last through that on the group level.
  5. Xikteny Augur

Cloudburst roots you and will break autofollow.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Wiz Dicho can't twincast, doesn't focus for crit rate or size with Devastations. You should probably leave that off your solo burn sequence
  7. kizant Augur

Agree wiz dicho isn't worth it and I usually avoid cloudburst until after ITC is finished.

Also, you'll want to make a bind for the 3 AA nukes that you can use during cool down between your other spells.
  8. Abwoon New Member

it's pretty easy to get 500-760k crit from dico fire. i definitely use it
  9. code-zero Augur

Since my wizard is almost always with my bard isn't improved familiar my only real choice there as long as aria is going?
  10. Apoc Augur

Well with shocking vortex running and your normal discs ethereal sky blaze crits for what 4 to 600k a hit X2 with twin cast. Dichto can't be twin cast so it's up to you whether it's worth it or not. It's not bad when itc or regular tc isn't up though.
  11. kizant Augur

Pretty much.
  12. Critts Augur

Depends on how quickly you want to layout damage. If you cast more spells quickly you burn for more damage over a shorter time, however longer casting spells that hit harder will yield greater total damage.

Always hit the following before a burn if you want to hit as hard as you can. Silent casting, arcane fury, fury of Ro, fury of Keraf, second spire, frenzied destruction, arcane destruction, Improved twin cast, and glyph of cataclysm.

Once you have done that hit the mob with mana burn, control Agro if needed, then hit it with shocking vortex, if you have Dicatomic 6 use it, the use ethereal fuse, ethereal skyblaze, Click forceful rejuvenation, then follow with the same combination again.

Typically by the time your done with that the mob is around 40 - 20% then its up to you to figure out what spells you want to use to finish it off.

Also don't forget to use your Force line of AAs in between you spell gem cast for a bit more damage.

Forgive misspelling and grammar

Critts--
  13. Jiggs Elder

14. Critts Augur

[quote="Critts, post: 3430141, member: 412831]

Always hit the following before a burn if you want to hit as hard as you can. Silent casting, arcane fury, fury of Ro, fury of Keraf, second spire, frenzied destruction, arcane destruction, Improved twin cast, and glyph of cataclysm.
    [/quote]
    don't forget to hit Focus of Arcan as well that's important as well.
  15. Naugrin Augur

Frenzied destruction and arcane destruction don't stack....use frenzied and save arcane for when you may take hits....or cycle it in adter fd is gone.
  16. Critts Augur

Yea they don't stack, but they also don't overwrite each other or both trigger on a single cast. So hitting them at the same time isn't a bad thing as far as reducing damage you just might not be able to use AD as a Rune because it fades first. Am I missing something? Perhaps the critical chance mods are different AD having a lower rate?
  17. Critts Augur

Found the answer to this today AD actual has a higher Critical Chance modifier then FD. If your going by only wizard mods AD will put you at or above 100% chance to critical while FD will leave you just shy of 100 by a few percent. So it's actually better to burn AD first from a damage stand point. Tactically it may be better to save if the tank dies or if your bouncing AGRO around.
  18. Brohg Augur

Frenzied is much better dps due to the crit magnifier it includes.
    Naugrin, Venaki and Sancus like this.
  19. Critts Augur

Do you happen to know what the damage mod numbers are and what they actually mod?
  20. Brohg Augur

Frenzied Devastation XIX
    Max Hits: 45 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 51% and Increase Spell Mana Cost v2 by 50%
    2: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    3: Limit Type: Detrimental
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    8: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 80% of Base Damage
    CrazyLarth and Venaki like this.