[WIZ] BP suggestions (TBL)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Oct 27, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

I suggest we bring back the RoF clickie for TBL. Here's the original and the proposed version for the new expansion.

Glacial Weave of Destruction (RoF)
    Displayed in: Main buff window
    Duration: 2m
    Max Hits: 20 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 10,000 (SPA 286)
    2: Limit Spells: Ethereal Hoarfrost

New Glacial Weave of Destruction (TBL)
    Displayed in: Song window
    Duration: 2m
    Max Hits: 20 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 225,000 (SPA 286)
    2: Limit Spells: Ethereal Icefloe
    3: Limit Spells: Ethereal Rimeblast
    4: Limit Spells: Ethereal Hoarfrost
    5: Limit Spells: Ethereal Frost

Why the 225,000? I looked at the Enchanter robe which had a similar concept but using SPA 297. Their robe was also upgraded during RoS so we have a new value to compare against.

Looking at the old data I imagine someone must have figured out that during RoF 10 hits of an additional 2k for SPA 297 on the Enchanter robe would be in the same ballpark of power as 20 hits of an additional 10k for SPA 286 on the Wizard robe. So, I think 5 to 1 is a good starting point.

Now, the current Enchanter robe has a value of 37,500 and 5x that is 187,500. However, crit damage has increased significantly over the years due to updated AAs and increased ADPS so SPA 297 is certainly stronger today than it used to be when compared to 286. While doing some testing I believe a new ratio should be at least 6 to 1 and so we have 37,500 x 6 = 225,000 which is what I'm recommending. As an alternative I'd gladly take 10 hits of SPA 297 at the same additional 37.5k just like Enchanters have. It really would be a lot better and 6 x 1 really is a minimum imo.

The additional changes I have are use of the song window since it's pretty easy to fill up our main buff window. Plus the addition to work against older cold ethereals similar to what our robe does for fire ethereals. This is mostly for when we may use 2 cold ethereals against fire resistant mobs and to be consistent it would have all 4 of the recent spells included. Not that we'd reasonable use some of those old ones.

Below are the data for the Enchanter clickies for reference.

Enchanter Cerebral Assault (RoS)
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks)
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    Recourse: Cerebral Relief
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 37500 (SPA 297)
    2: Limit Resist: Lowest
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    7: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    10: Decrease Magic Resist by 10

Xaric's Intrusion (RoF)
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    Recourse: Acumen of Xaric
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 2000 (SPA 297)
    2: Limit Resist: Lowest
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    7: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    10: Decrease Magic Resist by 10
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Critts Augur

I like it! loseing the mana regen clickie would suck. It would be really nice if the RoS robe didn’t share the same timer as TBL one.
    Also as a side note would be really nice to see another belt with a focusable sympathic proc.
  3. kizant Augur

I figure we can always pick which clickie to use. The RoS mana click is prob as good we'd get for a while.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The mana click has always remained the most powerful because it was basically grandfathered in. By that I mean they set a design goal for how powerful they wanted the BP clicks to be, but the mana regen click exceeded that. That is not to say it is overpowered, just more powerful than they really wanted it. The regen itself was actually a small nerf compared to the prior iteration which gave us an EIGHT charge Gift of Mana with the restriction it didn't work on Ethereal spells.

As far as the damage click, yes that was calculated based on the design goal. IIRC at the time that goal was 200k damage total, thus 20 hits of 10k for Wizards and the Mage click gave approximately the same just via a different method. I calculated that one and gave Chandrok the values he used. (I think the mage one actually had a theoretical max higher than 200k, but since it was random it was calculated based on the average, not the max).

You can thus clearly see how the mana click was much better being that 200k wasn't even a single crit of a single nuke and the mana return restored more mana than a single spell used so in the overall calculation it worked out to be more than 200k damage worth of contribution...(provided you actually used that mana rather then finish the event at 50%).

The damage click came about because the older mana click was still better than anything else but mana usage was pretty light in those days (we were always finishing with a good chunk left over even burning hard) so it was thus an alternative for those fights that WERE too short for the mana regen to be useful.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

On that note, there is a different dev doing items now and whether he will see things the same way as the old dev is probably unlikely.
  6. kizant Augur

Makes sense and It seems like things are repeating themselves.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Has mana usage gone back down after all the recent changes to make it go back up?
  8. kizant Augur

The events are too short and upgrades the last two expansions have been too good. Only one event in RoS was even really a concern but it's been nerfed multiple times. I used to save staunch for it but I haven't needed to use that in a while.