with the expanded player count how about fixing epic blocks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sinzz, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Sinzz Augur

Marl Kastane this one is just silly if a player turns in first part to him the mob don't respawn for 3 days so the player has to turn it back in however he cant because another player has turned in the first part so now you have half of servers sk fighting over whether they can get him for the first turn in or the second ? since there is two turn ins per toon why cant this guy just stay up , I mean it isn't like cazic or fear golems isn't enough of a block to slow everyone down.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Having multiple times the number of players on a server compared to a typical server in 1999 has far-reaching effects, far too many for Daybreak to anticipate. Problem is - you can bring things like this to their attention, but they're unlikely to take action unless there's a crusade of feedback about it. And you'll have the toxicity or pro-rarity cheerleaders coming in the thread soon, too.
  3. AbyssalLord Journeyman

In this case, it was just poor design to begin with. There is no reason things that simply don't make sense or cause unneeded frustration to be fixed. Adding the staff of elemental earth to male revenants is a good example of an easy fix.
  4. Espiritun Augur

Maybe we need the kindergarten teacher to make you all take turns with epics too? Kind of like Duck, Duck, Goose maybe? We can all play nicely with proper supervision.
  5. Eilad Lorekeeper

FYI he is 24h to 72h respawn, spawn is random in that window.

Good luck with it, took me 3 day of po opsocking.
  6. Bewts Augur

Hey! I have an idea! Lets put the mob on rotation! We do that for everything else..
    Batben and captnstudy like this.
  7. Hasty Blades Journeyman

I don't care if it is 15 years later. Just because you can't finish your epic in a week doesn't mean something needs fixed. Roadblocks were the essential ingredient for epic questing, and yes, even the small ones you think were stupid. If this is really what the player base wants then DBG should just put each class's epic on the station store for purchase. With all the KRONOS being bought and traded for epic items or no drop looting rights, we are disgustingly close to that already.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Urshulgi Augur

This is such a poor attitude towards these situations. There are classes that have essentially no roadblocks to getting their epics. No rare mobs, no ultra-rare drops, etc. As long as it's easy mode to get some epics, and ultra-frustrating mode to get others, then balancing needs to be done. There's a reason on the live servers they put in an option that allowed people to skip epic 1.0 and go straight to 1.5, and that reason is because epic 1.0 was a pointlessly frustrating experience for some classes, and maybe two days of work for others.
  9. Porygon Augur

What class has no rare drops, and no roadblocks
  10. Jaime Lannister Augur

Guess it would depend on the definition of rare drops and roadblocks.

Druid Epic is pretty darn easy.
  11. Detheb Augur

That reason is because classic, in its poor design, had quite a few mobs with deathtouch that make it impossible to solo. It had nothing to do with how hard the quests were in classic, its just that requiring someone to go back and do them out of era would be ridiculous.

Every epic has been completed, multiple times on Ragefire, and we're just over a week into the server. There is no real "Block" aside from mobs not instantly being up when you want them. No issues here at all.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  12. tofu stir fry Augur

wheres the fire? enjoy doing the epic quest. who cares if your the first on your block to get it? or really if the johnson's next door have one, does it mean you needs yours just to keep up to them? the epic quests with all there frustrating moments and pitfalls are what made the quest so ... well ... EPIC. making these quests easily obtainable diminishes that aspect. than or now. nothings changed. take your time and enjoy it.
  13. Porygon Augur

Still need VSR and Faydedar, which is a buffed mob and will most likely require at least 2 groups.
  14. Kobra Augur

There will always be a bottleneck, the question is whether that bottleneck works for this server. A lot of them don't. I learned many hard lessons about logistics during war. If you eliminate one bottleneck you will have another unless you have a plan to eliminate that bottleneck too . This is common sense. So quit trying to act like epics will be free or given away for nothing. They will still require effort, they will still be limited availability. If it cuts into your RMT profits well I frankly don't give a . What makes sense as a bottleneck for epics on this server should be left up to the developers. It is an issue and I hope they address it.

There is past precedence for changing extreme bottlenecks. If this server was exactly as 1999 in every way I would agree to keep it as it was, but this isn't the same game, this isn't the same gaming culture, this isn't even the same company.

Do you want to go back to sitting in sol b to kill ragefire again? He spawned only once a week after nagafen died. That is how extreme it was to get the cleric epic, I remember helping guildies get it and people had to take a week of vacation off and plan their life around it and they could still fail to get it.

I wonder sometimes how many of you people actually played the game back then and if you did your memory must suck because a lot of the things people remember or think they know about EQ are just completely wrong. Why was it fine to change the cleric bottleneck but not SK or mage? Even if you remove the earth staff bottleneck you still have phinny and lev cloak for mages. Still a bottleneck unfortunately only one is reasonable and one isn't.
  15. -wycca Augur

You can spawn a fake faydedar for druid epic.

Regular faydedar works too I believe, he's basically an outdoor nag atm. Will probably require more than 2 groups even at lvl 60.
  16. Esper Augur

Spawned VS and Faydedar are unbuffed.
  17. Detheb Augur

Confirmed, wiped to him with 27(like 17 real people+ some boxes) that we used to kill spawned Fay. One was easy, one ate our lunch(Well we got to like 30%?)
  18. Porygon Augur

Very nice, that does indeed make the druid epic very easy. But lets be serious, its not exactly a game breaking item lol.
  19. -wycca Augur

I'm really happy it's available to alot more people. Epics, especially 1.0's, should be pretty available to people. It was just very poor design to start with (they let every dev make one on their own) that they didnt all have similar requirements and that some were so much easier, and some were so much better.
  20. Porygon Augur

Yea, thats an interesting design. I think for the most part the epics are pretty balanced. I mean yes, some are easier, and some require NO RAIDING (monk) but for the most part i think the time it takes to do each is similar.