With all the effort going into consolidation, could we get chat filters looked at?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Kiras Augur

The filters for chat are pretty confusing and could really use a rework. Why are most raid emotes under "other" while a few are under emote? Raid emotes should have their own filter. Likewise, certain very minor regen effects get lumped into the same filters with real HoTs. I might have missed a way to do this, but I'd also like to be able to get only non-pet NPC spells as a filter.

This is kind of a pipe dream, but I'd love to have some sort of customizable filter, eg I could add phrases to it and it would pick only them up.
  2. Vrinda Augur

Agreed! I would love to be able to filter the "DoT damage" effect from lich spells separately from offensive DoT damage.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Been asking for updates to filters for probably 14 years so far, but here's hoping.....
  4. Draego Augur

I can support this idea............

but while were chasing the pipe dream can we add filtering options to simplify and organize our spell books ??

Alphabetical
    Level
    Type
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Simply let us make our own. Regexp filters for a chat window would be awesome.
  6. Ducreux Augur

Would love to be able to separate out more of my own spells while still logging others. Right now the Filters->Spells->Mine is basically a catch-all for everything related to: heals on you, heals you cast, dots you cast, dots others cast, and NPC spells. This is way too much for a single filter.
  7. AB-Muvien Elder

Would be so amazing! .... "Other" springs to mind :mad:
  8. Aeular Journeyman

Don't forget about the chat messages we still can't control color of. Love all the forced red error messages that half the time I can't read!
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Add a spell filter for spell reflects for others, really does my head in on Crypt decay 2!
    Some of the melee specials need to have their own filters, the rogue throwing one springs to mind.
  10. Narye Augur

NoooOOoooOo..... chat is currently working, while I appreciate the concept, please don't break them!
  11. Thraine Augur

since your fixing things, can you just delete Berzerkers pls? they are abominations :p
    Leex likes this.
  12. moogs Augur

Is this request still stalled in the bug tracker?