Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Could you make a conversation that would allow players to change an epic into a container that would then let them add a weapon and have the click added to it?

Personally I hated all the drama caused by epics in the early days so don't care for them but just wondering if that is something that could be done.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we cannot dynamical attach spells to an item. that's hard-set in data.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks for the response. I can't see any way of doing it then.

An alternative could be to pick one weapon each expansion that could be converted to that weapon plus the epic clicky. That would just involve making two versions of the weapon and using the container to exchange the initial weapon to one with the clicky epic abilities. In essence it would sort of be like an epic upgrade path

Personally I wouldn't think its worth the work but I am not that big on epics.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

My wish for next expansion is a preview of the awesomeness! Isn't it about time?
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I can see a couple of ways that might work around this apparent limitation. Any or all of these ideas might provide a solution.

1) Encode the item with an SPA 470 (Trigger Best Spell in Spell Group) click effect
    2) Encode the item with an SPA 374 (Trigger Spell) click effect
    3) Encode the item with an item ability effect AA that has AA ranks
    3b) Tie this to the item's worn effect that enables the passive AA when equipped
    4) Design augments with effects that are activated by (1) or (2) or (3)
    5) Design an evolving item that modifies the value if such stats can be evolved

I think (1) has the most promise and can be tailored to provide any spell progression the you want. Just because a set of spells has the same spell group, doesn't mean those spells have to have similar effects. Access to the spell sets by SPA 470 and 374 might need to be expanded beyond the character's spell book to include combat abilities, AA, and item inventory. Precedence for this enhanced access is in the recent /useitem and hotbar improvements.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Had all rares 2nd week in. And already had everything to evolve them sept pop hunter done.

Took me another two weeks of grinding doing hard to max them.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

The same type of system they use to know if some one has a lockout for loot in farming type 19s from raids.

A quick scan of the character its inventory as well as its bank .
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually to add to this the weapon each expansion that could be convered using the epic box could have to be evolved first. So you get the weapon add a time sink for evolving it then it the goodies from the epic could be added to it via an epic box or whatever mechanic works.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

Sorry to derail slightly, but what is this lockout? Will it affect me while i try to aquire Type 19s?
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

It has been asked for before, but, is there a chance items that are tributable could be marked as such?
    Petalonyx likes this.
  11. anotheranon New Member

First, I really enjoyed TBL. Good zones, hard missions, nice new shinies. That said I really enjoyed ROS and EOK as well.
    Second, I loved the Cresta earring quest and everything leading up to it. I loved the system with the 4 chase items from fight fire mission. Well done and more of this in the future please :)

I have read almost the whole thread and saw many good ideas.
    The 2 things on the top of my list for future expansions :
    -Pretty please, with cherry on top, put rank 3 spells back on the raid vendors. Never understood why they were taken off in the first place.
    -This I saw earlier in the thread, and as a tradeskiller I would love to be able to make any weapon in the game into an ornament. Have no idea if this would be difficult to implement but it would be an awesome feature.
    Anyways good luck on the new expansion, I'm really looking forward to it.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

It's the loot lock out if you do the raids and kill mobs you automatically get a loot lock out in TBL.

Which means your unable to get that particular raids trash to farm the type 19 augs.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

It's the exact same loot lock out that prevents you from running FF in stratos over immediately once you've completed it.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Im pretty curious too!!!!
  15. Brohg Augur

[IMG]
    Axxius, AcemoneyFV, Goburs and 2 others like this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Ngreth, let me add these two possibilities to the list previous list of ideas:

1b) Encode the item with an SPA 469 (Chance Best in Spell Group) click effect
    2b) Encode the item with an SPA 340 (Chance Spell) click effect

These two SPA add some randomness to the outcome. Consider a cascade of spells resulting from a click. I.e. an item click SPA 470 that casts an SPA 469. Great examples of this working are wizard's Ethereal Braid and necro's Chaotic Effluvium spells. This daisy chaining is also how some progression (Dichotomic) spells are handled.
  17. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

1) So go to new content.
    2) Play more, whine less.
    3) So level up normally without grouping with a level 115.
    4) Nobody is forcing you to do anything sweetheart.

People demand their money back anytime they aren't fully satisfied with something, and have the opportunity to gripe about it over the phone or internet, what's new? Also, your six accounts won't be missed, 6 more will be resubscribed to right away from a person who doesn't complain about every detail in life.

Go sit in the corner.
  18. AcemoneyFV Augur

We'll repeat it again for you. LEVEL INCREASE IS COMING. That is all.
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. tyrantula Elder

lvl 85 - 115 is a 30 level spread, they'll be able to group with one another.
  20. Coagagin Guild house cat

My 'google-foo' failed me or developed a case of tunnel-sight and missed it. Embarrassed but living to admit to my own error.

Thanks all for the correction.