Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kinadorm Augur

Spell Runes
    I would like to see raids drop lots of Rk3 spell runes and/or add spell runes to the raid vendors. Since this will be a level increase expansion everyone will need all of their spells again. Rk3 spell drops in RoS were way too stingy and I would hate to see that happen again.

Also, I would like to see Rk2 runes as random rare drops off any mob in the expansion and not just on named. Give the casual soloer/grouper a chance to find them even if its rare.

New AA
    There has been a shortage of new class AA lately. I would like to see the next expansion make up for that by having lots of new AA. There was a large amount of consolidation done in previous years so that should have freed up some room for new things.

Gear
    Do not require the previous tier of gear to make higher tiers. I like the method of right-clicking the looted item and the gear choice appearing in the reward window.

Tradeskill
    I would like to see players able to make general purpose bags with 30-40 slots. I would also like to see the Crestra's Earring and Coldain Ring quests extended. I feel the earring was replaced way too fast for the amount of effort it required.

Progression
    Have at least the first couple of zones open without doing any progression. Also, it would be great if the task givers don't have any faction requirements tied to them.
    Yinla, Eaedyilye and Skewert like this.
  2. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Allow rangers to use Shadow spike arrow with endless quiver, its a long quest , it would increase our dps some, but not insane amount based on my parse of 30 arrows. so why not let us use them with endless quiver?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I am saying I'd like the ability to (EoK example) do scorched woods progression before Lcenium progression. If I'm hanging in scorched woods I don't want to have to return to lcenium to get each friend with low play time caught up to me over and over and over. Let us do it out of order.

Sure, require all of it eventually, but make it less linear in requirements.
    Annastasya, Duder, Kaenneth and 3 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I must agree I dislike linear progression, unless all tasks are group tasks where it doesn't matter. Players missing the first couple of days of release can sometimes struggle to get the first zone done as everyone else has moved on, or groups keep going back and doing the first zone and don't actually progress as they start at the lowest group members progression point.
    Duder, Kaenneth and Drayman like this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

Lol I remember doing a Smoke trial for some one we zoned over to the next zone after a 1st win they could not get a Merc?/Progression? task in the next zone had to go back to Stratus to get Progression done. All these checks don't they just add more code. Use the code for some thing else.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

Between the Artisan's Prize or "AP" if you will and Cresta's Earring work to be done only too see the story arc fall to the wayside was a disappointment. Yeah, one long tradeskill arc of this nature would seem like a natural fit going forward.
  7. Zantor Augur

Few things I would love to see, #1. a Collectible Detector. a fairly simple quest to get an item that you can right click and it points you in the direction of the nearest Ground Spawn. #2 More simplified Tiered group armor. EoK was great, you get the drop, any class can use it, just right click and your done. Can have T2 gear, nothing else needed if you have T1 version of it, or a class regent if not. #3 T1 zones need to be fairly easy, so group content players can gear up easy, then make T2 and if a T3 zones much harder mobs. #4 Lower the Requirements of the older raids. Many older ones can easily be soloed, hard part is finding people to fill up the raid. I see all the time in General, people asking others to join their group all the time just so they can get a 5+ year old raid, that they can easily solo or box.
    Annastasya, Axxius and Petalonyx like this.
  8. Zantor Augur

Another one I just thought of, larger Fellowships and to be able to be in 2. A quest or such that lets you be in 2 fellowship and which campfire you use depends on which one you go to. And both be on same timer.
  9. Benamwen New Member

I am not sure when there was an update to the maps feature. Is it at all possible to add guild portal stones to the find zone feature on maps. Ideally the addition of wizzy/druid ports as well as clickies as options for finding the quickest directions to the desired zones. Thank you.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

What, you think the rogues are going to sit back and have tea and biscuits and leave the raid waiting? :p
  11. Duder Augur

A blocked buffs *set*, so I can load a set of blocked buffs for raids and not have to worry about them being blocked in a grp setting because I could switch between the two... guess this is more QoL but anyway, itd be good
    Axxius and Petalonyx like this.
  12. Sathayorn Augur

Wish for next expansion? Let Wrath of the Wild affect Target's Target if cast on a hostile. Works just fine for Lay on Hands, I don't see any reason this doesn't already work like this.
  13. Lannin Elder

Aura timers !
    Caell, Coagagin, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  14. Lisard Silly

an AA or Innate chance to Refresh a Discipline on fade....you could even base if off how much luck you have...

example:
    Warrior uses Culminating Stand Discipline, when it fades, theres a X% chance that it will refresh its Reuse.

Similar to how Casters have the ability to refresh a spell gem...think it would add to the flavor...of coarse you would need to look into it and limit it to certain disciplines and or timer #. B/C some things are obviously to OP to be able to spam over and over =P or not?!?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

That would make sense lore-wise, some gnome could easily invent a gadget to detect shiny objects nearby. But wouldn't that completely trivialize the collections?

Maybe give it a limited range, so that you would still need to run around a lot.
  16. Zarachiel New Member

Start making T1 stuff tradable again.
    Graves and Annastasya like this.
  17. Herf Augur

I think what I'd like to see would be new zones, perhaps off old expat zones pre-PoP, with new mobs and quests, in lvls that alts on locked TLP servers could enjoy exploring/exploiting.

The basic problem that EQ has had since at least PoP is that earlier gear is rapidly devalued, making twinking and a race to the planes common place. The pace of gear devaluation and mob hitpoint inflation took off at a non linear pace once past PoP. How about going back and re-gearing Kunark, Velious and Luclin and give us some new zones to explore.
  18. Axxius Augur

Search function in the tracking window, i.e. show only targets matching the search string.
    Caell likes this.
  19. Funky Augur

how about when i use the "find item" option... show all the items that belong to me, regardless of whether the plot is owned by me, an alt, or a guildmate/friend

i have about 12 houses between my toons, every single item was placed by 1 single toon. yet, i have to physically go to the 9 plots that i am not the owner of on that toon and see if i have something. everything including the houses on each plot were placed by the 1 toon. and he is co-owner of every plot
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Only thing i want is zones NOT locked behind absurd trials..or whatever you want to call them.
    Caell likes this.