Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. smash Augur

You forget that guilds that cannot get past Eok will for sure then be able to get past.
  2. Cleaver Augur

The only way you get enough zones is because of this. They don't have the art resources to do what you want. Updating art to make it look better is one thing but to make entirely new zones not going to happen.
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Wold love to see More Kunark in next expansion.

I think EQ could use a "Hell" zone or "Demons". We have already fought Aliens and Gods .. why not Demons as well!!
  4. Nolrog Augur

Work has been going into the new expansion since before Empires of Kunark. They almost certainly have the entire thing mapped out by now and are working on the zones, waiting on code for new features and things like that.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

As already mentioned, there isn't enough art resources to redo all the zones every time. Design has more capacity so they are able to revamp some older zones with newer difficulty.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they don't want to spend enough resources to make a full expansion, then they shouldn't price it as a full expansion imho. It's not like they don't have enough resources, they just choose to spend the resources elsewhere...

When they try to pass a re-textured Commonlands as a bonus level for H1Z1, then I will believe they truly lack the resources...:p
  7. svann Augur

If they do Skyfire zone please do not bring back chromadracs. Mobs that strip all your buffs stink.
    Koryu, Wayylon, Jhenna_BB and 2 others like this.
  8. svann Augur

9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Wouldn't you charge the same/more for less if you could? The fact is, people buy the rebooted content. Some even pay the extra money for the Collector's and "super mega awesome expansive expanded" (Premium?) editions with zero extra content.
  10. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

i would personally love a fast swap system for armor ornaments
    Koryu and Jhenna_BB like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe Im just super naive, but most great games were made by people who took great pride in their work.
    I hope DBG chooses to make a great expansion, rather than a cheesy cash-grab, it's not an unreasonable wish to have for the next expansion. :)
  12. Metanis Bad Company

As mentioned before I suspect by now most of the newest expansion is probably already in design lock or very near it. Without being too much of a downer what are you going to offer that is really new and exciting in the 24th expansion? Seriously 24th! All the low hanging fruit has been picked clean years ago!

I play a cleric. For EoK we got 2 "new" spells. As it turned out the Alliance spell is practically useless to us because it should be cast by someone who isn't doing the majority of healing on a class. And because it only really shines with many healers it is a raid-only type of spell. Groupers got screwed again. And the new self-buff still hasn't even been documented in-game and even if you do cast it on yourself it wears off in 12 minutes. Sure, in middle of event I want to be casting self-buffs. /bonk

So what are you going to do for me now? I really have only one thing on my wish-list and that is that the main cleric buff spells should be made into a quick-casting (1.5 seconds) but extra long duration (479.9 minutes) AA ability. Gosh if I never had to sit down in the middle of a storm to mem a Surety for a dead pally I'd be in heaven.

PS. Annoying does not mean challenging! (Should be the mantra of every veteran player!)
  13. Questoften32 Augur

1. Kick for druids.

2. the ability to convert any ear into a blank crystal and turn it into an augment for a level based plat fee, at a ancient ruin pedestal..

3. the final epic, leveling as you level, the effect always viable but the damage eventually no better than a common drop at max level, like a slightly sub defiant weapon, but still viable.

4. 3 more drakkin breath quests taking it to 100, no reason not to, just a error they let of and never bothered a hotfix could do it, 3 kill, more random things quests.

kill this named, then 2 more and you have done the 3 quests taking it to 100 and leaving it a little behind. Warror drakkin actually almost need it leveling, or at least its helpful, ditto other classes that cant really do much.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

since they seem to be revamping Kunark, I hope that they end up doing something with iksars (maybe have them try to retake Kaesora or something) and maybe also the shissar since they're so important to the history of Kunark.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Maybe I am the only one, but I don't think this is that big of a deal. Throw some Insta clickies in the first couple slots and no longer have to worry.

Wouldn't there be more a challenge of killing a mob with no mobs vs killing a mob with full buffs?
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

give all mobs 20 buffs and chanter haste in the very last slot
    (or PoWar quality buffs for no reason)
  17. Colt4954 Journeyman

I wouldn't mind if they released it like COTF.
    November- level increase to 107, some gear upgrades, consider it tier 2.5.
    - new AA and some new spells including a new level 107 spell for each class
    - have half the zones unlocked, progression required to be complete to unlock the next content (and level beyond 107)

January- level increase to 110, more gear, but level 110, consider it tier 3
    - all the other AA and spells
    - the final zones of the expansion
    -Throw in a dinosaur raid using TDS dino island as extra bonus fun ( that is still a heavily missed oppurtunity)
  18. blood & gufts Augur

Except,it was the thing people did not like. Releasing Things in bites.

Look at posts from when ROF was released, very negative feedback.
  19. Orienn TreeHugger

stop nerfing classes that don't need to be nerfed because you can't find a way to nerf the overpowered classes by themselves
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It's like this:

Monday
    Player Alice: "You know, it's really a problem when all 42 of my buff slots are full and I need to add more. Plus they take up a huge amount of space on my screen. And keeping track of them all. And rebuffing after every death and dispelling mob."

Tuesday
    Developer Bob: "Guess what guys, we heard you and now most clicky buffs are AAs which you can have working all the time. This will free up buff space and remove some hassles."

Wednesday
    Player Alice: "This is great, thanks".

Thursday
    Developer Bob: "Hey, you know what, I've added lots of dispelling raid, normal, and rare mobs so now all those buffs you didn't have to worry about because they are AAs, well, now you need to click them and fill up your buff bar with them as "junk" shadow buffs.

Friday
    Player Alice: "I hate you guys."
    MyShadower likes this.