Windows XP/Vista

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by valiantSeven, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bad idea for two reasons.

1. Why waste water. A hammer will work as well.

2. It is just possible that the water could splash on something worthwhile and damage it.

These tips brought to you by the San Diego Anti-Luddite Association. Thank you for your time.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. xxGriff Augur

while you're "technically correct" this is a bit misnomer. the method in which DX 10 and later handle (API) calls from earlier versions of Direct X is done thru WDDM 1.2+ and Direct3D subsets according to feature levels and are still "hardware accelerated" it just uses the DX feature set of current installed hardware/driver and DX per OS instead of specific DX9(a/b/c...) lithography of the GPU's contemporary to DX9. there is plenty of horsepower in PASCAL for DX9 to easily overcome any latency introduced by older drivers/games and versions of DX.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is also the fact EQ is far more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. It's built on a 21+ year old graphics engine that's had extensions hacked onto it over the years.

Standing in the old guild hall with 8 people looking at a wall, I get 225 fps and EQ takes 8.5% cpu (i7 5820K) and 45% gpu (RX480).

If I frame limit to 25fps in the guild hall, EQ takes 1.5% cpu and 4.5% gpu.

Standing in the lobby staring at 200 people I get 25fps and EQ takes 15% cpu and 15% gpu

15% cpu = 100% of 1 core (6 core cpu)

As you can see, single core performance for cpu matters far more than your gpu.
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.