Windows layout won't save...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by jarsh92, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jarsh92 Elder

Hey guys, long time player here and I am having a bit of an issue. Little back ground first, playing multiple characters on 1 computer, win7, 2- dual core Xenon processors, and 10gb of ram. All eq windows run from the same directory.

The game runs great on all the characters. My problem is with one character. I have been rearranging my windows the past few weeks to get them where I want. I have 1 character with 1 window which won't stay put. I move them to where I want them, but every time I log off and log back in, the extended target window goes back to its old location (which is under another window). This is the only character I am having the issue with.

I have tried:
    reloading the UI with keep layout select, camping out completely multilple times, have played for over 2 hours with the windows where I want them....but the next time I log in that window moves back to old location.

Any ideas or tricks for me to try?
  2. Toquillaw Augur

Most likely the file "UI_charname_servername.ini" in your main EQ folder is set to read-only.
  3. jarsh92 Elder

Thanks for the idea, I will check when I get home and let you know if it helps.
  4. jarsh92 Elder

Just checked, its not marked as read only. Does anyone know when these files are created and written too? Was thinking about logging in, deleting file and logging out to see if it rewrites the file.
  5. Riou EQResource

You aren't /ex-ing to exit are you? That way seems to not save your changes
  6. jarsh92 Elder

No, was doing it the old fashion way /camp.......didn't have any luck with fixes. Just ended up moving the file to a different location, zoning, camping, and re-logging in. Lost all my settings. copied the file back over logged in, and reloaded UI. Seems to fix it so far. Still have redo all my hotbars, but at least it saved the macros. Just had to reopen them up.

Everything seemed fine this morning. Wish we had a better way to save UI/Hotbar/window locations so we can back up our characters setups. Would be nice when you have to do a reinstall or for people that play on multiple PCs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Coursaire New Member

I know this is an old post but I was having the same problem with a couple of my chars also, what I did after reading these posts was delete UI_<Char name>_erollisi.ini, change the windows position to where I wanted them and then zone, EQ remade the files when I zoned and they have stayed where I wanted them.