Windows 10 / Antimalware Service Executable

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mewkus, May 20, 2019.

1. mewkus Augur

I am running a mage on a system with Windows 10 operating system. Everything runs fine until I get aggro from some mob. Once that happens, the system Antimalware Service Executable task jumps up and consumes anywhere from 70 to 80% of my cpu time, while my eqclient task drops down to about 2 or 3%. I have experience a slide show and see maybe two or three snapshots of the fight, and once my pet has dispensed with the mob, things go back to normal (unless there are additional mobs with aggro).

This started showing up about two or three weeks ago. Prior to that, I didn't have such issues. To be honest, I don't know if this coincided with a particular eq patch or windows update, but I have done the latest windows update and have tried the full file check from the windows patcher; both with no improvement.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Anyone have any advice on what to change/do?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Google System Antimalware Service Executable and you will see it is a CPU hog. It is actually a part of Windows Defender There are quite a few articles on how to resolve this.

Edit: not an EQ issue so running the EQ file verification and EQ patcher is not going to make a difference.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

Exclude your Everquest folder from Windows Defender. Google it for detailed instructions.
    klanderso likes this.
  4. Leigo You come here often?

I've found turning off controlled folder access on win10 really helps with games. Also Metanis is on point there, just add the daybreak folder to your exclusions for defender.