Windowed/Full Screen Chat Windows

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nikkibadkitty, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Nikkibadkitty New Member

If this has been previously answered, I apologize. I did find other posts in the forums regarding this topic, but could not find one that offered an answer/resolution.

My issue is that the Chat Window UI placement does not seem to save independently for windowed and full-screen modes. I am almost always in Full Screen mode, but there are occasionally instances where I need to use windowed mode. All of the other UI windows seem able to save separate placement information and move to the correct locations, but not the chat windows. When ever I switch from one mode to the other, I am always having to place the chat windows in their desired position. I don't have an issue when going from one full-screen session to another, but when I switch from full-screen to windowed, it scrunches my chat windows in the corner. If I set a desired placement for windowed mode, when I switch back to full-screen, the chat windows retain their position from the windowed resolution and do not revert to their normal placement.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue without a resolution, or if there is something I can do to resolve it. I do know that "locking" the chat windows doesn't resolve the issue. Then I just have to add the step of unlocking them before I can correct their placement.

TIA!
  2. Nikkibadkitty New Member

Does anyone know if this is a known issue with no fix or if there is something I can do to get my chat windows to save their placements separately for full-screen and windowed modes?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think they do save when your switching windowed/full screen.

For many years I have cringed when I hit the wrong button and flip between windowed/full just for this reason - I know I will have to reset my chat windows.

But I play with tabs on the bottom so I don't have to jump around resizing my screens. Just could never get the hang of playing it that way.
  4. Nikkibadkitty New Member

Ah, okay. I've recently come back after being away for many years, and I had remembered them saving separately. I will usually just tab out of full-screen EQ if I need to use a browser or access something else on my PC, but every once in a while EQ gets weird and won't let me tab to other applications and I have to flip to windowed to do so. It's not a frequent thing so I guess I will just deal with it when it happens for now. If it becomes a more common occurrence, maybe I'll need to consider changing how I set things up.:)
  5. Troutfest Augur

Sorry for the necro on this, I was trying to figure out a way to prevent this from happening also when going windowed on accident and having all my chat window's positions and channels/filters changed. I ended up saving my UI file when I had it in full screen mode the way i wanted it, logged out. Found my UI file and copied it and saved it as Full_Screen_servername so I know its the one I want. Then when my chats get hosed I because I ended up in window mode I swap to full screen in options, copy layout Full_Screen and its done.