Win10 Title bar issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by corupt, Sep 10, 2020.

1. corupt New Member

I have 2 computers running EQ, both are Win10. One computer always launches EQ with a Win95 title bar. Tried multiple things to fix it but nothing seems to work. Any Ideas?[IMG]
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Heh, that's a Win95 title bar? And its not supposed to be there?

Shows up on all my accounts when I log in. Using windows 8 and 10. You sure that's not the bar you get for windowed mode in EQ?
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That looks like a title bar that shows up when Windows Aero is disabled.
  4. corupt New Member

This is how it looks on my other PC [IMG]
  5. corupt New Member

EQ is the only one that does it, all other applications launch with the regular title bar
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I must be missing something cause I see a thin blue bar on the top of both screens that has a little tiny everquest in the upper left and the "-" "+" and little square in the upper right.

The first one is lighter than the second one.

Looks like windowed mode to me
  7. corupt New Member

Im running windowed mode, thats not the issue. The first pic is running the title bar in some kind of win classic theme which is non-native to that PC. The other pic has the title bar matching the theme of the PC. I've switched between all of the different "hidden aero" themes in Win10 it changes stuff for all other programs but EQ is stuck in that Win Classic theme
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The curiosity for me is not the first image but the second, all my windowed Everquest games on all 3 pc i own have the large title bar, how your second pc has the smaller bar is the actual mystery here I think.

Is the second PC on a widescreen much higher resolution monitor maybe?

EDIT:

After digging around the interwebs some it seems that the windows 10 version 1703 removed the option to change the title bar sizes, your second PC possibly had changes to the title bar size from an earlier version of windows 10, it is either still using a version fo Windows 10 older than 1703 or it has somehow retained the smaller titles from an earlier version, so it could be a bug.

I just got the upgrade to 2004 version yesterday and nowehere within the OS does my version have the option to change the size of the title bar.

To change title bar sizes now requires some tinkering with regedit.

The other possibility is that the specific theme that your second PC is using is causing this.
  9. corupt New Member

You can modify its size through some registry edit's, or look for Winaero Tweaker. I haven't tweaked anything on the first computer its pretty much default, seems like EQ is trying to start in some sort of compatibility mode. Which isn't the case.