Will you be 50 before Kunark?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tulgin, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Tulgin Augur

I don't have the exact numbers for the progression server, but I did find an XP chart for P99. I removed the extra hell level xp and made it more similar to normal levels.

It requires
    153 million xp to get from 1-50

We are almost exactly 3 days into an 84 day kunark unlock.

That means you need 1.8 million XP per day to reach 50 when the expansion unlocks.

So on day 3 you should be at 5.4 million total XP.

According to the P99 XP totals, that puts it at level 18 required. Level 18 to reach 50 by the day Kunark unlocks.

For me personally I'd like to be max level by roughly halfway through the expansion. So.... I'd need to be at 10.8 million XP total. That makes it level 23 by day 3.

Now these numbers aren't 100% accurate. The actual XP total doesn't matter too much, what's important is the XP increase from level to level, which probably isn't far off from P99 value's. I can't imagine they'd mess with that number too much compared to live servers.

So, are you on target to meet your goals? Is it worthwhile to continue?

I mean if you make a fast unlock server (12 weeks = fast), isn't it obvious to vastly increase the XP gains? We should be DOUBLE the xp of Lockjaw.

I think I saw 33% of Lockjaw XP thrown around somewhere, that means we need to increase XP by 6x what it currently is.

I'm level 11, (1.3 million xp). Times that by 6 and I'd be at 7.8 million. Remember to reach 50 by day 84 = 5.4 million, to reach 50 by day 42 = 10.8 million. So my number of 7.8 is fine for me, I could grind a little harder and perhaps reach my goal, but I'd be happy to reach max level sometime around day 60-65. That gives me a couple of weeks raiding at least.

I would have preferred a 13 week unlock, which would give me 3 or 4 weeks raiding if I grinded a little quicker.

I consider my play time to be very average.

Sooo. to summarise:

We need XP to be inreased by SIX TIMES the amount. I don't think this is really up for debate, if its not increased by SIX TIMES, then there's pretty much 0 point in playing on this server.

Such a good idea to make a server like this, why does it have to be such a struggle to make it work? Who is the problem? Who made this decision? Get rid.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

All that forum posting time and research comparing it to P99 could be spent grinding!

Everyone who wants to will hit 50 by Kunark because players will post on these forums until DBG capitulates and changes the exp rate.
  3. vardune Augur

Playing casually u could hit 50 in two weeks maybe three.
  4. Tulgin Augur

Can you show me the numbers? Because by my estimates, playing casually will take a LOT longer than 12 weeks to hit 50.
    Elkay likes this.
  5. Elkay Augur

I quoted the most important point. This would have been a good starting point for a formula to figure out the XP rate. The average player should be able to hit cap by the mid-point of an expansion, giving the other half the time to gear up and enjoy raids. Right now that target is as you said, around or even after the launch time for the following expansion for most folks.
  6. Tulgin Augur

It took 15 minutes, so about 1 blue bubble lost.
  7. Elkay Augur

Not even close. I would call "average" a player that can play 2-3 hours, 4-5 nights a week. Even saying 15 hours a week, there's no way you're even remotely close.
  8. Tore Lorekeeper

No because I'm too busy hooting and hollering on the forums about the server.
  9. Tulgin Augur

Going off my calculations, it will actually take 54 weeks to get max level as a casual player lol. Maybe I did something wrong ><
  10. Sagnid Augur

This entire post is pointless. This is not some trash emulated servers.
  11. Elkay Augur

I was talking about vardune saying it would only take 2-3 weeks. Lmao @ that.
  12. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

Casuals will not raid before kunark, many/most will quit I believe. I really hope dbg changes their stance.
    Elkay likes this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Does the game end in a loss if I don't make it to 50 before kunark?
    Nolrog likes this.
  14. Tulgin Augur

It's the ratio's between each level that count, the XP totals are not important. The XP increase on P99 is roughly 10% increase per level. If it's anywhere near that on TLP servers then these numbers are perfectly fine to use.
  15. Tulgin Augur

Personal preference. If you came to this server for Instanced Raiding and thinking you'd hit 50 around the halfway point of an expansion, then yes it's a loss.

I enjoy numbers and planning ahead. I'd rather spend 15 minutes to figure out a rough estimate of the future rather than pointlessly grind only to realise in 3 months that I'm no where near 50.
    Elkay likes this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Well perhaps your personal preference doesn't align with this server.
    If you want to be 50 in 1 day, LJ & RJ are awaiting you perhaps those exp rates are more your style.
  17. Tulgin Augur

It doesn't align.

I'm confused, who wanted 50 in 1 day? You quoted me so it must be directed at me? o_O
  18. FurySoul Augur

Why do people throw out figures and numbers without hard evidence??? Also why in the world would you try to make mathematical equations without factoring in the EXP gained from each NPC on the server (then further factoring in the amount divided depending on group numbers and class/race make ups)....

Seems like this post is full of holes and hot air....
  19. Tulgin Augur

Oops think I've done my calculations wrong. I was supposed to use % for xp gained rather than actual numbers, let me re-check.

Edit, On second thoughts I really can't be bothered to waste more time with this server lol, my calculations are maybe 20% accurate that'll do for me. I don't really need 100% accuracy to see I won't be 50 by week 6 so whatever. ;)

Peace out and good luck to you all.
  20. Dranix Augur

Elkay likes this.