Will VoA be unlocked with the FtP model with RoF?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EverChanter, Oct 15, 2012.

1. EverChanter Augur

Title says it all. I'm guessing not at launch, but at some point will VoA be pushed to the "granted" expansions and gear unlocked up to HoT?
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

To buy VoA, or to wait... =p
  3. silku Augur

That is kind of where I am at myself. I won't pay for both with another coming out soon. I'd gladly pay station cash for VoA if it were available. I will just wait for the next expansion and buy it. After all, the gear there will likely dwarf the gear in VoA anyway.
  4. Drakophine New Member

You two are looking over something very major; For quite a while now, if you purchased an expansion, it would grant access to all the previous ones before it. There's no word to say this wouldn't be the case either, but I think we can assume that it is still the case. So that means, if you're going to buy them, you might just want to wait for RoF.

Perhaps a CS or a Dev can confirm this along with your question, so you can consider your alternatives.
  5. Georgeo Journeyman

ive been waiting on an alt account to just buy RoF, hopefully it will unlock VoA..
  6. Nolrog Augur

Actually, I would assume it's not the case. When EQ2's first post-F2P expansion came out, it was not all inclusive. Although, it was a "features" only expansion with no content. So there is some precedence that says they won't include it. However,I read just yesterday that the new EQ2 expansion would include Destiny of Velions but not AOD (DoV is 2 expansions old now though.)
  7. fransisco Augur

I doubt sony will give it away.
    Doing so means you never have to buy another expansion ever again, as long as you remain 1 expansion behind.

There is no benefit to them giving alaris away. FTP is to get you to buy their product, not to endlessly entertain you.
  8. Sebbina Augur

They have already said that buying RoF will grant VOA as well, but, i dont think there is any plan to increase the F2P zones as F2p is intended to allow peeps to get the feet wet or stay in touch during financial hard times.
    Barton likes this.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

10. Drakophine New Member

Ahh, I was not aware of that. The behavior has been going on for so many years, I didn't think they would change it. Looks like someone found a post that confirms it will be included, so that will be a good option for the F2P player base.
  11. Recnarp Augur

If you have the money to buy VoA, but are holding out to see if it goes under free-to-play... why not just buy RoF?
  12. EverChanter Augur

I'm more wondering how along the lines they will continue to offer more from the FtP model. Since this is the first expansion release since the change, I was wondering how they would continue to offer "Free 2 Play: Your Way). Also, with the launch of RoF, will prestige gear be changed to reflect the new expansion (i.e. making Tower gear NON prestige and such) or will that be the cut off point as to what will continue to be the prestige level...if there's 3 more expansions, will Tower gear STILL be prestige type of question.