Will the free to play system be changing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The "not right now" in
    of course doesn't mean "ever".

In your stead, guys, i'd just chill for a week or two. i am sure they will unlock it eventually - once the major issues of the actual release have been taken care of.
    I seem to recall a Dev-statement telling us that this unlocking were a manual operation, so it can make sense not to prioritize this very high...
    I am quite confident that "eventually" it will unlock, and before anniversary time.
  2. High Voltage Augur

Every F2P player should just cancel his account(s). This will teach 'em a lesson!
    Derd likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Chuckle. Is there even a SINGLE f2p account out there with only 200 aa or 1k aa?
  4. Ryanxp Augur

Duh
    Like TDS was with the infamous Chitin Stud?

...I don't get it --
    Are you with, or against ?

I have 5 accts (1 being marked as Silver)
    and box 2 of them.
    It'd be kinda nice to finally get my box its TBM spells...
    It'd be kinda nice to finish TBM progression for my main without begging guildies or starting groups...
    It'd be kinda nice to have a new HA-line to find groups for (Gribbles for the past 2+ years and counting)...

And,
    Here I am posed with the question: Bite the bullet and get my box acct up to par with buying it the xpac

Or, just get over it and move on
  5. Ryanxp Augur

Do you EQ?
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'll bet there are lots of them.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

i can name you 4 of my 6, TS mules not counted.

But i was rather aiming at which TBM mechnics you'd refer to that would "overpower" F2P characters?
    From progression?
    The only thing you get from TBM progression is Hero's and dichotomic Rk3.
    Surely you cannot have referred to dochotomic Rk3 as "overpowered", F2P account or not?
    I mean.. i run around with Rk6 as do quite a lot of most people and then some ALTs...
    Some of which are - omg - silver again since summer or so!

So what exactly did you refer to? please elaborate!
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought expansions didn't unlock until the anniversary in March anyway.

While i'm not F2P I'm looking forward to the flags being removed....I assume they still do that when they open them up. Tired of getting TBM HA missions that I cannot get to due to flags.

And I'm not flagging all my alts! Once was pushing it, twice was as much as I could take. Now my other baby pair of alts have just got to 98, they are getting close to needing to go there. :(
  9. Aurastrider Augur

I seem to recall TDS unlocking later on and not at launch of EOK. I am not sure when exactly it was unlocked since my 8 main accounts I log in every night had purchased TDS but I also periodically log in one of my FTP accounts to do various things and I am certain TDS was not unlocked from the start. Give it some time and maybe work on some quests or progression you need to work on.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

???
    Isn't the only "flag" you need for "TBM HAs" the mirror fragment anyways?
    I don't think i've ever had any entry denied - but then i didn't take too many ALTs to other missions than the lesser spirit ones...
  11. Gialana Augur

I have a couple accounts that have never purchased expansions, though I did go All Access on one when it went on sale last year (and it was essentially wasted since I very rarely played that account during the time). When EoK launched, or maybe the following day, I'm almost certain that those accounts were able to zone into TDS. There was a different expansion launch where the older expansion did not unlock to everyone for a week or so. I think it was the expansion where those who were All Access were given access to the zones a week before those who had purchased the expansion but were not All Access, or something like that. Then it was another week or so before those who didn't buy the expansion were given access to the older expansion. At least that's my recollection.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL I ment TDS, I have this hatred for Caverns of Endless Song, but then I have a dislike for all dungeons especially those with water!

Love large open spaces. :) Sadly not enough these days. Though I must say I dislike Skyfire, that zone is so annoying, glad to be done with it. :)
  13. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

The Broken Mirror released November 18, 2015.

If only!

Nooope!

I noticed you guys didn't come back to point out your errors in making a hasty guess. In the future, try not to speak as authority on something, when you are in the dark with the rest of us.
  14. segap Augur

Yay for opening up not just one, but two long dead threads on the exact same topic. If you're wanting newer content than you currently have, feel free to buy an expansion and help support this game that many of us enjoy.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Not everyone wants these to be opened for "Free Content". I would like to see TDS unlocked as I've been wanting to do some hunting for my new alt and didn't really want to go back and do all of the progression over again just to get an aug or 2 and maybe some PS's. I've been holding off on progression since it's due to unlock anyways and would be a waste to put all the time into just to have it unlocked for everyone as soon as I finish.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  16. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

No. Kunark was awful and I won't go back just because they remade the zones I hate. I won't buy TEN copies of something I don't like.

The threads weren't dead, people incorrectly assumed it would happen on schedule and there was no need to discuss it further until that time passed. They were wrong, so they didn't bother coming back. "Necroing" threads is bad when it's an obsolete topic. This topic is ongoing, since the next expansion hasn't gone free to play yet.

Anything else you want to derail the topic with and be wrong about, or was that all?
  17. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I've done TDS progression for roughly 20 alts. Takes about 5 hours. You can start at 95 and they'll be about 101 by the time you're done. Not so bad.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

The thread did not have any activity for 6 months so the actual thread was dead. People commented based on past expansions being unlocked and how the system had worked. Making assumptions based on a previous patterns is human nature. A lot of people make hundreds of comments throughout the year on various threads. If you think people actually keep tabs on every thread and comment they have made you are ignorant. My guess is you are just upset that you might actually have to buy an expansion if you want to get out of TDS. Instead of actually paying you sat on the information you read in this thread and here we are over 6 months later from the last comment on it and you are upset that TBM was not unlocked.
    Tierwyn likes this.