Will The Broken Mirror ever go FTP?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Password1234, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Password1234 Augur

When eq2 announced that expansions would no longer be ftp, many assumed that this would carry over to eq1. It was never confirmed one way or the other, but the last official word I ever heard was, essentially, "not right now." People speculated on when that usually happens with expansions, saying it would likely come anniversary time in April or May.

Have there been any statements about this since that I have missed? Would it be possible to get an update on this?
  2. Warpeace Augur

You have not missed anything. Still not going FTP at this time.
  3. Monkman Augur

I would be surprised if they made it ftp before the next expansion. The type 5 augs in TBM vastly increased player power, along with dicho abilities for some classes. Giving that power away for free is not in their best interest as it gives less incentive to go all access. Just my 2cp
  4. slayerofbats Augur

There will be a new expansion later this year / early next year, so it will go ftp then.
  5. mkb5683 New Member

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that there would be a certain number of xpacs that are not f2p, but that number would stay constant. So, with each new xpac a new one that was previously not f2p would become so.
  6. Password1234 Augur

That's true, but COTF went f2p with TBM, TDS went f2p with EOK, so TBM was supposed to go f2p with ROS. The confusing part is that autogrant moved up an expansion like it was supposed to, but no new expansions unlocked for f2p, and no official announcement was made other than, essentially, "it won't unlock right now."
  7. mkb5683 New Member

I see..... i have only been back a few months so i was unaware of that and i bought them all so differences did not affect me
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My suggestion would be that if you enjoy the game, consider supporting it by purchasing the expansion. If you're already subbed, the cost of the expansion is $31.49 ($34.99 without sub).
    Aurastrider likes this.
  9. Password1234 Augur

I have already purchased The Broken Mirror, and I remember how much I paid for it even though it was a few years ago. Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the thread.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So basically you want to know when TBM will be free so you can get your boxes there. Got it.
  11. Password1234 Augur

They have it too! And I'll be buying RoS x3 once I finally work my way through what I can with my three idiot characters that I don't know how to play. I just want to know what DB's policy with expansions will be moving forward because it was left vague a while back and I wasn't sure if I missed something. Sorry if this thread has been upsetting for you; DB isn't going to respond to it, so I'll stop posting in it if that helps.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  12. Janakin Augur

13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's not upsetting me. I'm just poking you a li'l.

DBG's policy going forward, in my best guess, will be no new free expansions.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Still waiting for TDS to not require keys for raids.
    Tierwyn likes this.