Will the $71.99 for a year's sub return?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jul 20, 2017.

1. EnchFWO Augur

Apparently some people don't understand math or economics. But yes, I hope it comes back or some subs are going non-gold. Oh yay... I've never got to use that cheez before! :rolleyes:
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya it's still a benefit to the player after the first renewal, but any renewal after that they would be losing money. Everyone that has that plan has been subbed to it for years and are more likely to keep buying the year sub, in the long run it benefits DBG to get them off it.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I'm maintaining 6 accounts right now. I'm can't really afford this anymore so will let 1 or 2 accounts lapse. But only 2 of my accounts are raiding mains. I could afford to let the other 4 lapse and wait to see if the cheaper deal is offered again this year.

I wish they would offer a quantity discount for people renewing multiple accounts at one time. Or just offer a much steeper discount for people buying dozens of Krono.
    NickPR likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I am still waiting for a Quarm2 server this year also but I don't see that happening.
  5. Evertrek Augur

i'm out of sub on my 3 accounts. i wont ever pay $120 for a year sub (i never pay list price ever in any RL store so this is not just a MMO thing with me).

last years deal for 1 year would be great, but even a $99 deal would be fine.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

$120 for a year is like a 50% break from the monthly price. $71.99 was insanely good.

Don't expect it, but I bought 3 years worth of it last year on 2 accounts and would probably buy 4 on three accounts this year if they did it again.
  7. Derd Augur

Man I bet going to grocery store with you is a real trip ... lol
  8. Evertrek Augur

hmm, didn't know i could do that otherwise i would have too (on my 3 accounts). hope they do it again.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm kicking myself for not buying a couple year's worth of sub when this offer was around. I'll prolly by like 90 days sub when my current sub ends until a similar offer surfaces again.
  10. Nolrog Augur

I am sure we will see something, but my best guess is that it will not be this year. Devs are flat out busy with the expansion, and won't have time to spend on Quarm2 until late this year. So for timing, my guess is that it's announced early next year and goes live around the anniversary. (note, this is just a while speculation guess.)
  11. Nolrog Augur

Smart move. I didn't think of that. Just bought 1 year on some of them. If they offer it again, I'll do 1 on each account, maybe 2 on my current main.
  12. frankie78227 Augur

Just wondering if they ever offered a deal. My Subs ran out in July and I haven't been paying much attention.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are complaining about a $20 a year difference? If you break it down you pay $0.33 per day at the $120 price and $0.27 a day at the $100 price for a grand savings of $0.05 a day. Not to mention it is a big savings over the price at the Monthly rate.

Any way you look at it paying $0.33 a day for entertainment is pretty cheap.
  14. Evertrek Augur

fyi, i dont play everyday so that doesn't work. i (our family) has a gaming budget. EQ is a 17+ old game, no way im going to pay full price for a sub. WoW did a major overhaul of it's game this/last year and was worth a sub until i finished the content (not saying wow is better, just saying they are offering more for the money). as posted above i never pay list price for anything, it's not personal or a reflection of the game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Brohg Augur

And if $180 was the "list price"? That is the out of pocket on month-to-month via Krono. Is the substantial discount to $120 not satisfying? If not, you may need to examine your decision making. Prices are… frequently… pretty arbitrary, everywhere in life not just in game subscriptions. At some point, you have to decide on a thing's intrinsic value.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The point wasn't about playing it every day but the fact is that it is still very cheap when you consider the amount of hours you can get out of it versus other games.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Perhaps the real question is whether the cost of subscription is proportionate to the value received (benefits & perks).

Most EQ players are older with family, and jobs or careers. These players likely purchase subs to use Prestige gear and J5 mercs. However, some may play maybe 2-6 hours a week or take long breaks (family vacations). Is the non-discount subscription cost ($10/month for year to $17 per Krono) justified by a low play time? It seems that there a quandary for people who want flexibility (monthly) without having to feel jipped by the full price. Hence, the enticement of paying the full year at a substantial discount (acceptable loss).

Furthermore, the 5 free LoN card packs (in addition to 500 DBC) were removed when LoN was shuttered. I feel that was a major perk (as evinced by people sacrificing their monthly 500 DBC for LoN Prizes).

I think we should all support EQ. You can forgo Starbucks or a meal for the sub, etc. However, Daybreak could find more ways to entice/keep subscribers who are more casual.
    Brohg likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bottom line its either worth it to you or it isn't. :cool:
    frankie78227 likes this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, the Market will determine the optimal price (at least I hope). However, like airlines who offer more leg room or meals, Daybreak can improve on the perks.
  20. frankie78227 Augur

I'm assuming there was no deal offered. To me it's not worth it, as I need to keep 2 or 3 accounts all- access, to box or for use when my wife feels like playing. I would even settle for a discount on additional accounts after paying full price on the first one.