Will the $71.99 for a year's sub return?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My accounts are up for renewal. Curious to see if the $71.99 promo for a year of All Access will make a return this August?
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

/bump x 1001 !!!
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt even DBG knows this one. ;)
  4. Yruc Augur

I hope it does, I subbed on the last possible day last year to get that deal, so I'm hoping it will re-appear before my sub runs out.
  5. Derd Augur

Not sure why you would doubt if they know. They know exactly how many subs and if it was a net gain or loss monetarily for them. The numbers crunched and discussed and evaluated. For me I hope it doesn't as I made the decision to keep my promotional discount at 89.99. Which anyone who has it loses if we ever change or suspend our account.
  6. Tannin Steelblade Journeyman

I will have to check my records.. but you can almost bet on any and all deals will be 3 days after i buy them. So when i go to resub i will post then you can bet a day or so later all the deals will pop out lol. Not complaining just seems that is how it has usually worked for me. Random Number Generator in real life!!
    Reynen likes this.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

last year it was at the end of Aug if you got it then why would your renew be in July??
    Reynen likes this.
  8. Drusi Augur

The answer to it really depends on which financial report DBG needs to look good on.

It is extremely common for companies to offer deals at the end of financial reporting year to meet sales targets for that year.

End of financial reporting year does not necessarily mean Dec 31st, it could be any month and date.

Possibly DBG does a yearly to its oligarch owners on September 1, who knows.
  9. Evertrek Augur

They dropped H1Z1 from DBcash so not sure if I would even sub again.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Does anybody get the irony in asking about this? By asking, you are telling DBG that you want to subscribe. Why would they discount something they know you want? I think you are shooting yourself in the foot by asking :)
  11. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Friendly reminder that last year's promo subscription will AUTOMATICALLY RENEW at $120. Be sure to cancel your sub if you don't want that bill.
    Agrippa likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

I would re-up all 4 of my accounts if they had this rate.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This, I think the discounted year sub was just a gimmick to get everyone off the $100 year subs.
  14. Samatman Augur

I'm happy to go FTP and await the next deal. They have more to lose than we do.

I was on the $89 and would go back to it on several accounts. If their goal was to get people off that then shame on them.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would not be in Daybreak's best interests to announce such sales in advance or people would just wait for them to resub. Not sure I would expect this to be yearly though it would be really nice if it was.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. EnchFWO Augur

^This. Probably also a gimmick to cash in on all the people who don't know (or forgot) that it will auto-resub at the normal price. Pretty shady but it wouldn't surprise me...

[IMG]
  17. Derd Augur

What in the world is shady about a super discount being followed by a renewal at the normal price? Nothing, now if it reverted to a new yearly price or put you on monthly that would be different. It was clearly stated that it would renew at the normal price.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes, but plenty of people were locked into the $100 auto renew plan. So if someone had already locked in the recurring $100 plan and bought the discounted sub, they would lose access to the $100 price they currently have.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Serious? Year sub is $119.80. So this is some masterplan to disrupt those folks with a $100 special plan and charge them an extra $19.80 after discounting them $28 for the previous year? Not sure I see the math here.
  20. Rorce Augur

Hope it returns! We won't know until it actually happens, however, if it happens. Understandably so.
    Metanis likes this.