Will Selos have newbee armor available from the start?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Candystore, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Candystore Augur

Since Selos is the casual server and starts in Luclin, I think this is a pertinent question to ask.

I wonder if the newbee quest armor (from the guildmaster iirc) will be available on launch.

I tried to look it up but some posts say newbee armor was implemented during Luclin, and others say it is only unlocked during PoP.

Anyone know the answer?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

Should be made available, its going to move so fast it only seems right.
    Candystore likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

There are Luclin based armor quests that can be done, but I doubt that the 'newbie armor quests' will be in at launch.
    snailish likes this.
  4. snailish Augur

Selos is the fast progression server. Ignore the silly casual/hardcore labeling that people won't agree on. "Casual" isn't a reason to make a global change to the newbie armor.

No to newbie armor in Luclin. They are globally era-set to PoP to suit the itemization vision. Devs spend silly amounts of work making this so and shouldn't redo it. There may be a few holes in this... check your beastlords and Vah Shir out carefully.

Twilight Sea insane # of drops to make each piece is your mid-level Luclin "easy" gear. Good luck finishing a set of that...

Even if people decide to sell the quest drops in baz... baz will be a better place to gear up with just normal drops. Might even be a bit of a tradeskill economy as people will have gaps even with raiding.
  5. Brunlin Augur

Newbie armor will be in if it comes out at SOL, but I think it comes out with POP
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

The label game really backfired on DBG. Hopefully they don't pitch this as the casual server because an unknowing newb will be hit by a ton of bricks and probably quit.

By no means is super fast Selo a casual server. If you want to enjoy newbie quests and smell the roses honestly Coirnav is a better fit at this point. Or even Agnarr. But selo will pass both of these servers fairly quick.
    snailish likes this.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Unfortunately those quests are tied to PoP on previous TLPs.

Would be nice to put them from day on on Selo though.
  8. snailish Augur

They could have made them Luclin when they went back and "corrected" the era-setting to put them all in PoP. They did not. No point disputing that now.

There are other things they could put time into (certain keying situations) that would be a bigger boon to all progression servers in general. They don't need to do this [newbie armor era set again] for Selos.

Selos gets the Newbie armor after 1 month.
  9. Fhiele Augur

Newbie armor was Luclin. It will carry you through to raiding gear. Only downside is it will inhibit much of a banded market. Not a biggie on a Luclin-start server.