Will Innate Eminence Ever Be Useful?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lockdown, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Lockdown Elder

I'm looking at some of the AAs, and I'm questioning why I'm spending all these points on them.

Spell Casting Mastery seems kind of a waste, since most of the lower level spells I use are made into AAs. The most useful low-level spell I have is Gate, and that's an AA.

What good is Enhanced Reformation to an Enchanter? I don't use Endurance at all. And I don't know of any Endurance regeneration enhancements on Caster gear.

Finally, Innate Eminence doesn't seem that useful since it doesn't allow me to raise the cap on my stats and, at level 69, the Defiant gear keeps my stats capped anyway. Will there ever come a time when the points I'm spending will be useful? Perhaps at higher levels, when there's better gear than Defiant and I no longer can rely on it to keep me at cap?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Spell Casting Mastery reduces mana cost of all spells. Its application is obvious for an enchanter. I believe you're referring to Mastery of the Past. After the first few ranks the gap between the purchasing level and the effective level shrinks significantly. For example at level 100 with maxed Mastery of the Past you can't fizzle anything up to level 96. Lots of applications for this at many level ranges.
    Not useful at all for an enchanter. This is a General tab AA. General AA's may not necessarily apply to your class at all.
    Once your gear is remotely decent , you'll generally be capped on base stats at your level range, yeah. There are a few niche applications for this AA, specifically when your stats are massively debuffed. Uqua raid comes to mind. But it's definitely a very low priority AA overall. At higher levels when you can gain a ton of heroic stats that raise your stat caps, the base increase can become more relevant again.

Is there a reason you aren't auto-granting AA's?
  3. Lockdown Elder

Thank you. I did indeed mix them up.

Just a returning player, enjoying leveling the old-fashioned way.