Will I be able to find groups easily once I reach level 80 or whatever?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nirrtix, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Nirrtix Journeyman

I tried the TLP servers, and they are fine and dandy, but they seem to defeat the purpose with the cost and my lack of time. Also there is the fact in many ways they do not feel classic. Then there is the fact everything worth a damn is sold in Krono (which I think should be banned) I am willing to embrace that I will be soloing until 80 probably.

Will I be able to get groups well once I reach said level?

I guess what I am looking for is a live server that is good for new players (has guilds that are leveling guilds and/or help starting out players), and well are more populated with lower level players. I know that is kinda gonna be sparse anyhow.
  2. Shanarias Augur

I see lots of new players on Bristlebane. I mean lots, with like 20+ toons in Crescent Reach.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Easily? No

With some effort, yes.

The most important thing is joining an active guild and making friends because most servers do not have an active pick up group scene.
    disclose, Dre. and Ozon like this.
  4. quakedragon Augur

No, this is why I tout that we need an expansion that is like TSS but lets you solo to 115.
    Not only would it let you solo to 115, but it would provide a 1 zone that is best for many levels.
    Currently if you trying to get to lvl 99, you do the 5 level range expansions, every expansion since SoD has been nothing but for end game and 5 level range zones, as in 90 to 95, 95 to 100, etc.

TRADITIONAL EQ, level range 25 to 40 40 to 65, big level ranges.
    Nothing but catered to end game players since SoD expansion. Its hard to catchup. Exp at 85 is no joke, it doesn't get any easier at 90 or 95 or 100 or 105.

NEED a TRADITIONAL EQ expansion. Haven't had one in a decade.
  5. DillyBar Augur

Nope. Best bet is to join a guild but even most of those are clique like High School.

6. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

This is golden advice. *2 thumbs up*
  7. Randomized Augur

It's also good to note that the more proactive you are in "forming" your own groups, the better off you will be. You'd be surprised at how well "going to go do daily HZ quest in XY Zone if anyone wants to tag along" works. Or any other similar example.

Usually turns into a good grind session
    disclose likes this.