Will Heroic Resists ever happen in EverQuest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Koveras Elder

An idea I was thinking that I'm certain some would be thinking about years before since the introduction of Heroic Stats, this alone brings up the question that will their ever be Heroic Resists for EverQuest one day?

Taken for granted the resist scores even are all caped the same like stats where until the introduction of Heroic Stats, further more, classes like the Monk and Paladin who get an innate resist to Fire and Disease respectfully still end up getting the same number once they reach the resist cap.

Will this ever happen one day? I wouldn't mind a couple of responses from others to see what others have to say.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, the question is really more about whether or not they will actually -add- something to the game.

The difference between a plain "overcap" stat or a raising of the cap, and a "heroic" stat is that heroics add a special bonus based on what those stats do. So if they were to add heroic resists they would need to have a special stat or else it serves no purpose and they could just give a normal overcap. What type of bonus would a heroic resist give?

Personally, I like the idea that each point of overcap resist would add some type of damage mitigation. Every 1 point of HR mitigates 100 points of incoming spell damage for that resist type. Every 25 points adds .1% spell shielding for all spells. (Like the mod2 stat). If you had 100 HR for each resist, you would mitigate a flat 10k damage for each type, and have 2% more spell shielding.

The benefit of a system like this is that you could stack items for a particular damage type if there is a certain event that you want to have extra resist for.

Of course, the downside is that many spells they just flag as unresistable, which means that neither overcap nor the flat mitigation would work, only the spell shielding aspect.