Will froglok monks have unique animations?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malkavius, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Malkavius Augur

For instance will their flying kicks essentially just be the same as human and iksar? Same with eagle strike, tiger claw and spinning kick? Or will they be unique like drakkin? (hopefully not as ridiculous looking)
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

My guess is they use the assets already available to froglok.
  3. sojuu Augur

Frogs get tongue lash instead of dragon punch or tail rake........just kidding
  4. Malkavius Augur

W-what does that even mean!? A froglok can only use the animations that have been available to them? So every kick from a normal to a round to a flying will all be the same generic kick?
  5. SaderakhBertox Augur

It's a guess. We'll find out (Ogres have excellent technique when executing roundkicks btw) =)
  6. Malkavius Augur

I like to imagine an ogre doing a round kick and hitting himself in the face. Something that would kill most people. But he just shrugs it off and tries to murder the beast that just hit him in the face.
  7. Axxius Augur

All PC models have the same set of animations. So if a human or iksar can do a flying kick - so can an ogre or a guktan froglok. Why not use Illusion Guktan and see?
  8. Fendy Augur

I'm hoping it will /dance like michigan j frog from warner brothers, with top hat and cane.
  9. Izcurly Augur

I predict you'll find out in about two weeks.
  10. Agrippa Augur

I've used froglok illusions before with my monk and guess they'd just keep what they already do. They backflip for flying kick. What more can one want?
  11. Axxius Augur

Then that's what froglok monks will do. Unless the devs create a new animation. IIRC somebody mentioned that they were able to create new animations now. I think it was said about NPC models (namely, it was used for Luclin in PoS). But maybe they can do that for PC models as well. The difference here is the armor that PC models can wear. The armor needs to support the animations.
  12. Edrick Augur

This needs to happen.
  13. sojuu Augur

I could be wrong but I am almost certain the only races with fk animation are human iksar and frog. Such as in illusion as darkelf I never see the fk animation
  14. Riou EQResource

It's weird because those animations exist on old non-Luclin models. Guess the animators didn't get time to add the same animation types that the original models had :p