Will Coirnav get the Kunark XP bump like Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gladiatoreq, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Catashe Augur

IDK I'm having a hard time believing that one... AA xp is soooooo fast on TLP from what I remember on live all those years ago I mean it might just be the power gap cause everyones so geared you can kill things faster but if there is a "scaling adjustment" is ain't that big
  2. Machentoo Augur

There have been ~3 different scaling schemes on live, and from what I recall on Fippy, the different schemes were phased in over different expansions. Would not be surprised if the code is set up to give no low aa bonus initially, then the 1000 aa bonus at some expansion, then the 4000 aa bonus at a later expansion, then what live does currently even later.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Was actually wondering about this the other day. With how many autogranted AAs you get now, both on live and TLPs, I wonder how much the bonus AA curve even comes into play.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Up until 2-3 expansions ago it was still significant. People leveling new toons would turn off autogrant initially, use the low aa bonus to max out the most important lines, then click autogrant to fill in the less important stuff. You'd have to pay for the lower level aa's that could be autogranted, but the bonus was so large that it was worth it.

Not sure if that's still the case now.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I confirmed. There is a system that gives a bonus to AA exp (sorta equivalent to less A needed) when you have less AA. The Bonus also changes as expansions unlock.

It *IS* faster than original because the lowest value for less than 1000 AA when it is just Original EQ is 125% (25% bonus) this bonus at less than 1000 increases at multiple points (not every expansion) until House of Thule where it becomes 1000%. I'm not going to give the full chart at this time.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What a tease.
    doah, Sumonerr_Tunare and Brumans like this.
  7. Catashe Augur

Yea you gotta watch Ngreth.. Hes like that...
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spells,_Songs,_Disciplines,_and_AAs#AA_bonus_scale

This is what I have. How accurate it is I cannot confirm. Only Daybreak knows for sure. But the second quote can be found here: Game Update Notes: Wednesday, June 27, 2012
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Interesting, if the bonus still does end at 4000 then I think any 85+ character with autogrant enabled will already be past that threshold. I guess grinding out 200-300 AAs to cap the tradeskill stuff THEN autogranting is "optimal" on Live as Machen said, though I can't imagine many normal AA lines are worth powering through at 0 AAs to take advantage of the bonus vs just having an overall stronger character to grind with by enabling autogrant, powerleveling excluded.
  10. Machentoo Augur

With 1000% bonus, doing the daily quests gives like 150 aa's, and with lesson running on an RAF account you can get 10 aa's per mob kill or something ridiculous. It doesn't take long to power through one or two lines like that. And, it is pretty appealing and fun to see them flying in, especially knowing that as soon as you hit autogrant, they will be coming at 1/10th the rate.
  11. -wycca Augur

The bonus scaling for low AA was initially put in during TSS or TBS, as it was part of Maddoc's redoing of exp group bonuses, leveling curves, spells, skills, etc. If this bonus doesn't start, per that patch message, until VoA, then that isnt the right expansion. Of course, they could mean that the bonus scales up at VoA, but that's not exactly what they wrote.
  12. Tepin Journeyman

Ngreth, It seems there is an issue that remains with the server exp rate. I played on Phinny at launch and after adjustments, so I remember how it "felt". The exp on this server is more punishing for sure...if nothing else just by the anecdotal amount of noise posting about it here should be an indicator there is a deeper issue.

Are you positive there isn't something holding us back? I remember how Burningwoods had multi compounded exp rates applied to just that zone alone that you guys finally noticed and fixed. My suspicion is that while the global exp rate is set to post exp boost Phinny as you've confirmed, perhaps the work you guys did to nerf exp in specific zones on Coirnav (like Unrest) is somehow messing with the exp boost globally?

Either way we appreciate you responding to this!
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I confirmed that the global EXP rate is correct.

The issue with burning wood was a combination of zone-based EXP mods and NPC based EXP mods. (I.E. a zone specific problem) The global Exp mod certainly didn't help but was not the root of the issue.
    Tepin and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  14. Tepin Journeyman

Thank you Ngreth, appreciate your attention!
  15. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

I know, I know, thread necro. But I feel like it's still relevant seeing as how Mangler goes into GoD in a few months. Am considering rerolling a berserker once GoD releases, which means I'm going to be woefully behind as far as AAs go (being told I'll have about 800 to grind, even more if I'm slow and don't cap by the time OOW is out.

So my question is, does GoD just get a straight xp boost but the amount of XP required per AA remains static? Is the sliding bonus to 4000 AA added all at once in VoA, or does it get dripped in slowly, starting in GoD and increasing with each xp boosting expansion?
  16. Machen New Member

To the first question, yes, straight xp boost. To the second, from what I recall there are several different iterations of the low aa bonus that progression servers pass through, but none of them start to take effect until pretty late in the game, HoThule or later.
  17. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Oh wow! I thought I had read a post up above that said the AA boost was changed to 4000 and that progression servers would get it once VoA was launched, which is kind of vague wording. But you're saying we don't even get the bare minimum bonus until then?
  18. Machen New Member

Looks like I was wrong. It is in before House of Thule based on Ngreth's post. But, it is not in at TBS--currently playing on Ragefire and we don't get a bonus for low aa's yet. So somewhere between SoF and House of Thule, apparently. But the initial bonus is only for <1000 aa's, and it bumps up to 4000 later, I don't know when.
  19. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Oh ok that makes sense. Well darn, I was hoping for at least a small bonus come GoD lol. Curious though, do you remember playing in that era? If so, how easy did it feel to get AA? Was it a significant boost over pre GoD? Will I be able to reasonably get all of my important AA before OOW drops if I really put my nose to the grindstone?
  20. Machen New Member

The GoD boost is significant. But not so significant that it won't still take a lot of time and work to get your aa's. If you are able to put your nose to the grindstone, you'll get them all knocked out though.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.