Will anyone be playing a solo account and not boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asmodethenaughty, Dec 8, 2015.

1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

A curious mind would like to know.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Yep.

Alts will eventually go on other accounts for the flexibility to box if needed but I prefer 1 at a time for everything but doing long camps, pretty much.
  3. Moranis Augur

I will...turns out boxing with multiple PCs is annoying and since I can't alt+tab it looks like I'll be rolling solo
  4. taliefer Augur

i have two accounts, and i set my laptop up next to my monitor...but the more i think about it, the more i dont want to box.

i'll probably just have alts on the 2nd account that i level on their own, to help do 2 instanced raids
  5. Until We Felt Red Augur

I will be playing a single toon. This is likely my last go at EverQuest. I was done after the last progression servers didn't meet the hype. If this turns out well and most people are choosing not to box, I could definitely see staying for a good long time. If--and unfortunately, I think this will be the case--people are boxing anyway and box armies are frequent, I'll likely be gone for good. I'm hopelessly behind the leveling curve on live and if you don't level with the first wave of people on the progression servers, you'll miss the chance to join a good guild and build relationships that will allow you to group past the first month or so.

I just don't see how they can police the server to stop people from boxing, but I hope somehow they can.
  6. Ltldogg Augur

Me :) I want to make new EQ friends enjoy the social aspect of the game. I will be playing casually and hope to find other friendly individuals to have fun with.
    Zujilli likes this.
  7. Getafix New Member

Soloing.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Nope. This is a boxing required server. You can only play here if you plan to box. Sorry.
  9. taliefer Augur

you will still see bot/box/whatever groups of 6 to 12. im not sure we will see entire armies of mages tho, but we'll see. i wouldnt get your hopes up of seeing no botting at all, but im thinking they will be less frequent
  10. Iyvy Augur

A few, best not let it bother you, I suspect they will be gone before Kunark largely.
  11. Numiko Augur

someone did a poll before ragefire started and even on that server the majority of players indicated they were just going to play one account.
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

I have 3 premium accounts: I'll be playing Half-Elf Druid (SFG), son will be playing Human Monk (Qeynos), daughter will playing Barbarian Shamaness. Laptops all around. We have found the 3 to be very effective and fun, and at times when we are short a player, I can true-box any two of those with ease. But I plan this to be the exception, not the rule...
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

4 Boxes setup to just keep 3 friends within range of grouping if needed, otherwise solo'ing my guy
  14. Rhodz Augur

Duo and some solo but always one box at a time for me.
    Solo only if she cant play when I wish so very infrequently.
    Grouping with unknowns is always when things tend to go north. Live or TLP we always seem to do better just sticking with the two of us although on live the problems are seldom.
  15. andross77 Elder

Playing 1 account and grouping in game, as EQ was intended to be played...
    Getafix likes this.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

I haven't actually boxed since GoD was current; I never liked doing it even then so these days, one account; one char at a time for me. Might be why I'm so stuck on BST; good enough soloing and generally useful in a group too. Probably waiting until SoV lands; then I'll roll up a mage with the intent to farm gear for the BST once luclin drops.

Now back to FO4.. think I was supposed to be looking for my son or something.. ohh shiney (runs off)
  17. DM1974 New Member

Soloing - playing what... still don't know!
  18. Nolrog Augur

Been saying that for months. Anyone who thinks there will be no boxing on this server (and probably no botting) will be sorely disappointed.
  19. Nicorus Elder

Two Boxing will be pretty common I think, the number of 6 box crews will be a tiny tiny fraction and lets hope DBG bans most of them since I am sure they are all gonna be gaming the restriction in some manner to handle 6 boxes.
  20. Works Elder

I run a second box but it's purely for my own entertainment and also so that I don't have to abandon my main if I want to work on an alt.

As far as day-to-day gameplay and grouping go, I'm pretty strictly a solo player.