Will a real Phinny Guild please step up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gotcha, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

:D

You playing on Phini?
  2. Machen New Member

A loot council that is invoked 1% of the time is a vastly different animal than a loot council that decides 100% of the gear. (But you are right, it is still loot council.)
  3. Bewts Augur

Loot councils are always subject to favoritism and manipulation more so than DKP.

Anyone who really intends to compete will use DKP as attendance and committed raiders will spend points appropriately. Adept leaders will police jackassery by either restricting or overriding bids that serve individuals and not the guild; and in the case jackassery is discovered after the fact, will send said perpetrators packing.

Of course you need leaders with some balls and integrity, both of which are rarer in combination on TLP than Iksar Beastlords in Kunark.
    MBear and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Swag?
  5. Spleen Journeyman

6. ElaidaTL Augur

Im in this b*tch like the cool aid man! Oh YEAH!

[IMG]
    Warrior007 likes this.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Awesome dude. Don't be a stranger, swing around voice anytime :)
  8. Machen New Member

I much prefer dkp, especially for the long term health of a guild, but let's not go overboard here. TL was the top guild for the first five expansions on Fippy, using a loot council. They have also been the top guild on Ragefire using a loot council. EoE, the top guild on Vulak, used a loot council. You certainly don't have to be a dkp guild to be competitive.
  9. Batbener Augur

I normally would never join a guild that used a loot council unless I knew the leadership personally. It's kind of a rule of mine, like never piss off the guy that is alone with your food. However, there are a few leaders from the TLPs that I know enough about that I would be willing to give it a go.

That being said, I would be much more comfortable going with a DKP system with a few "But the first couple blahs are for blah" that is laid out in advance. It's not like we will be shocked with too many drops...
  10. Sagnid Augur

I did not play on Fippy. But Eoe loot council was more corrupt then any I had seen.And TL loot council is pretty predictable based on raid attendance.

The trick is to not use a 100% loot council. Either way, when you let men decide, favoritism plays a factor.

Even though I am only a 70% raider, I am more then fine with DKP.
  11. Iyvy Augur

Those looking for a fairer system of loot where things don't go missing might try <Must We>. A new raiding guild based around scheduled raiding. It will use DKP, no minimum attendance, no loot counseling, mains first, no special rules (other than certain roles getting priority such as tanks getting first dibs on tank things). If you are the highest bidder, are a main, and have the DKP you win the loot simple as that. DKP is reduced between expansions so no hoarding in classic for kunark, and you don't need to feel compelled to come to every raid.

You can find our website here: http://mustweeq.blogspot.ca/

Or check out our forum post or reddit post. Or you can message Iyvy in game, if I do not respond send me a parcel and I'll get back to you.