Will a real Phinny Guild please step up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gotcha, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Downtoplow Journeyman

Open bid dkp or bust imo. One could hoard dkp and then dkp dump; but to get that dkp they must put in many raid ticks and hours, which in the long run will even it all out. It encourages folks to show up to raids that have no upgrades for them; and completely takes out any drama / favoritism with loot. AND you can dkp fine folks who botch it! everyone wins
  2. Merau Journeyman

Because it's 100% impossible to remove human feelings and bias; loot council will never work as intended. No one can be totally neutral to every member of thier guild. Restricted DKP removes this factor and still ensures that gear goes where it needs to go. After seeing it again on the last guild I was in on LJ, it's painfully obvious that this method is just too broken.
  3. neverrain Elder

You guys have sold me. It seems so many people have had problems with loot councils. I'd rather just avoid the drama and keep it open. I've updated my guild page to use restricted DKP. I like it.
  4. -wycca Augur

There will be a competitive open world raiding guild on Phinny and it will be using DKP.
  5. Gotcha Lorekeeper

And that is.....
  6. Vaclav Augur

I'll not spoil anything, but -wycca's Magelo should give you a hint before it's officially announced.
  7. -wycca Augur

8. Lejaun Augur

OMG ! Twisted Legion is Silent Asylum ! Get out the pitchforks and tar !
  9. Lejaun Augur

Ooops.....for some reason I had Silent Redemption in my head when I typed that and put in Silent instead of Shadow.
  10. Lejaun Augur

I've now sent the pitchfork wielding townsfolk after innocents.
  11. Steampunk Augur

Great! More voting for people to about.....
  12. Youngdeez Lorekeeper

I am interested In Joining Your Guild.

- Deez
  13. Tinytinker Augur

I agree 100% with you. I saw loot council decisions being made one day over at a friend's house and there was a lot of bias flying back and forth: an enchanter officer saying someone shouldn't get loot, because they don't play a bard the "way I would," the raid leader wanting to give a top item to his low attendance, best friend, because he plays with him all the time and he "deserves it."

I've also dealt with a loot council member who dropped he would deny loot to people he didn't like and general ignorance regarding class items. When we were doing Demiplane of Blood, for example, the caster leader acted surprised the necros wanted to upgrade to their 2.5's and she had to have the dot crit deal explained to her. Even after the explanation, she still wasn't entirely sold.
  14. chronicler Augur

Often the LC makes some Group within the guild and then happens they give their friends.
  15. Tinytinker Augur

Yeah, my friend's ex-raid leader had a clique he grouped with outside of raid time. The RL's best friend had sporadic raid attendance and seldom helped people except for his group, but when it came time for loot, the raid leader was, "Oh, he is such a helpful player. He's always ready to help new apps, he deserves the upgrades, he is very active..."
  16. Zinth Augur

open dkp bids, everyone can see whats going on, and those with most dkp is those that raid the most = they can bid the most for good items... fair n square

any phinny euro guilds planned? or oceanic could work too I guess.
  17. -wycca Augur

The only two large groups of euros on TLP to date are on Ragefire - Darkwind and Rosengard. Haven't heard of any guild looking to start in those hours.

Your best bet may be a couple of the more hardcore US guilds - you'll probably have a decent mix playing late, and a higher population of daytime players than most other guilds (even if it may be their weakest hours).
  18. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

With my experience on Fippy and Lockjaw, I've generally grown to like the DKP+Merit system we have set up in Modest Man, and we'll have a similar system on our upcoming Phinigel guild.

It is open bid up to a certain threshold (a fairly high one) -- at that point, it goes to discretion on officer discretion on who gets it. I specifically remember a few instances where we had several warriors that were within 5-6% of each other on RA, and I had them sit in the Sister's room, and whoever she DTed, would get the Dagas. I think I had the monks roll their RA one time on the EoV 41% monk belt.

As long as it's all within reason, any system will generally be successful. Unfortunately, loot is indeed a big source of drama in EQ, especially early on. It's important to be fair.
  19. Sagnid Augur

Go ahead and polish up the quoted statement all you need to. If someone else decides who gets a piece of loot, that's loot council.
  20. Trevalon Augur

I have lead quite a few guilds over the last 16 years...some of them were more hardcore than the current TLP guilds, some of them, much less.

Loot council is always the best way to go, but I am an extreme proponent of fairness in any system and I can honestly say that I never once was accused of doing anything shady with a LC system.

So what I did was I had a LC system, but it not only included officers but it also included regular members as well and every 6 months the regular members rotated (Officers can rotate around as well). So the council consisted of 7 people usually (not everyone is there every night). It was Guild Leader, 3 Officers, and 3 regular members. The Guild leader does not get a vote on the council. He does get his "say" and can suggest who he thinks an item should go to, but ultimately the only vote he gets is a tie breaking vote. This system was done behind the scenes, because frankly, sometimes on a LC you have to say things about people that are not always the most flattering, and you don't want johnny joe to hear you say: "Well, hes just ok, but I think it would be better going to Fred"

By having non officers on the council it kept more transparency because while those regular members were not supposed to talk about discussions it made normal members feel like they had a voice in the council, instead of just it being an officer sausagefest (As most guilds tend to be with LC).

Also the fact that the GM doesn't even get a vote also means that ultimately he is not deciding any loot so people cannot pin things on the GM as having "taken" or "stolen" loot.

Ultimately it all comes down to the GM and how fair he wants to be. I was very about being fair and following my own rules, so I never once in years of running guilds had someone accuse me of loot impropriety.

P.S. Open bid systems are horrible imo, especially if its a multiple bid system (They can up their bid). The problem with an OPEN BID system is that it pits your members against each other. I can guarantee you that you will have members get pissed off and create drama because of an open bid system when people purposefully bid up other people to kill off their dkp. If your gonna do DKP do closed bid and it causes a lot less drama because people are not openly fighting against each other.
  21. ElaidaTL Augur

Without a good loot council how can i use my great influence to steal loot from anduin?
    Qelyn likes this.