Wildmagic Strike Line Changed In March 2023 Test Patch

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Brickhaus, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about in the first part. I was referring to the fact that the focus aa text for Pure Wildflash only mentions the Pure part for a focus damage increase. But since the outcomes are close together for damage, either the focus isn't working or it's working for all 3. At some point I'll test that.

So, I forgot about the banestrike change (ironic since that's why I did the parse in the first place). So we're probably looking at a 10% change in wildflame before and after patch as far as the damage increase.

I don't think 10% is enough to change what wizards are doing with their rotations (if you used it before, it's even better ... and if you didn't, I don't think 10% is bumping anything else especially when raiding with heavy aes available it seems like).

The proc change may make a few wizards question their sanity if they just look at totals before and after patch and not the breakdown.

I'm just disappointed the TBM belt is getting worse. Runed Belt of Boromas forever!
  2. Sancus Augur

There are focus AAs for all three. Focus: Rimeblast Cascade focuses Lunare Ice Cascade, Focus: Pure Wildflash focuses Pure Wildscorch, and Focus: Chaos Scintillation focuses Chaos Flame.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Then there's a text error. (Not doubting you as you can read the spell data much better than I.)

Because on Test, Rimeblast Cascade doesn't mention Lunare and Chaos Scintillation doesn't mention Chaos Flame (or their new names that got changed in the Test patch as well). Doesn't on Live either.

Does that make Pure Wildflash the worst Focus AA ever as it only works on 30% of a spell?
  4. Valcron Elder

So the question is, this seems like a good change overall?
  5. Szilent Augur

Higher numbers are certainly better than lower numbers. Whether these numbers are high enough to elbow in on the existing line up is an open question.
  6. Molybedium I'm Lost

I have been using the lineup/recommendations from the 09/22 wiz write up. Is there a updated, changed version? :)
  7. Valcron Elder

Can you tell me where this is?
  8. Molybedium I'm Lost

9. CrazyLarth Augur

Molybedium likes this.
  10. Valcron Elder

11. Molybedium I'm Lost

12. Valcron Elder

All unexpected changes I guess - this feels good to me

- Wizard
    - Made several changes to the Wildmagic Strike line of spells.
    - Corrected the descriptions of all ranks so they are explicit about what component spells they can cast and the chances of casting those spells.
    - Renamed all ranks of the component spells to Pure Wildmagic, Chaotic Wildfire, and Wildice Cascade.
    - Added damage to all ranks of Pure Wildmagic, Chaotic Wildfire, and Wildice Cascade.
    - Marked early ranks of Pure Wildmagic No-Twincast to match the level 100+ spells. Base spells can still be twincast.
    - Increased the effectiveness of all Irae Faycite Shards that focus Pure Wildmagic.
    - Corrected a bug that prevented the Irae Faycite Shard that focused Wildmagic Burst from working correctly.
  13. Axxius Augur

Did the 03/15 patch make Wildmagic worth using again?
  14. Valcron Elder

Familiar Crit damage got buffed too?
  15. Brickhaus Augur

Pretty sure that was just for that specific rank (now 10, old 22) of Improved Familiar.
  16. Valcron Elder

What does that mean?
  17. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

pretty sure that net/net this patch ended up as yet another wiz DPS nerf
  18. kizant Augur

Fixing an obvious bug that was around for 2 months isn't a nerf and changing Sorcerer's Vengeance from SPA 286 to 303 was a big unexpected improvement. There's no reason to complain.
  19. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

overall, did DPS decrease? pretty sure it did
  20. kizant Augur

Was the DPS intended to increase in the way it did? Nope.