Wildflash spells and type 3 augs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Balthozzar, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Balthozzar Elder

Quick question: Are the Pure Wildflash Beza, Chaos Burn II, and Icefloe Cascade II effects from the Rk. II of Wildflash Strike spell affected by the Type 3 augs? The Type 3 aug just says Pure Wildflash Azia, for instance, so I wasn't sure if they boost the higher ranks of those effects. The same question for Wildscorch Strike, and so on.
  2. kizant Augur

If you want all three spells that can be cast from Wildflash to benefit you need to buy all three type 3 augs for the spells that it can cast.
  3. Balthozzar Elder

I get that, and have done so. My question is about the higher ranks of the spell. At Rk. II, the magic based effect is Pure Wildflash Beza, but the type 3 aug specifically says that it boosts Pure Wildflash Azia. Similarly, the fire effect is Chaos Burn II whereas the aug just says Chaos Burn, and so on. Normally, focus effects boosts all ranks of a spell, but since the Pure Wildflash component in particular has a different name, I just wanted to check that it actually works that way.
  4. Balthozzar Elder

I realized that I could check by looking for the focus effect message when I cast it, so I tried it on a training dummy. I do get the "Your Irae Faycite Shard: Pure Wildflash Azia feels alive with power" message, as well as the Chaos Burn and Icefloe Cascade ones.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. kizant Augur

If you ever wanted to see the details you can look at the data on raidloot.
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Type 3 FC Pure Wildflash Azia&effect=&class=&level=&view=

The effect is limited to spell group 16736 which includes all three ranks and the site automatically displays them all for you. The name of the spell isn't really important.
    Tatanka likes this.