Wild Blossom Star and other TBL names

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gio-Cefalu, May 11, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

With InnerSpace you can set the client files to use different ones files, so you don't need to install EQ multiple times. I've got 6 different key bindings for my 6 different accounts.

You definitely want to follow Brohg's advice about multi-binding your keys, broadcasting those keys to all your accounts and spamming them. EQ is very friendly to this approach for all classes except necros.

With inner space your goal should be to minimally switch to different EQ clients.
  2. Daedly Augur

Hmm, didn't know you could do that. How does that work with patching? Will it update each one individually, or would you have to do that manually, if at all?
  3. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I can't see how I could do this with a single keystroke, like "q." If I did that, then anytime I tried to type something with the letter q in chat, wouldn't that be broadcast across my other clients? That's not what I want.

Right now, I have 2 sets of click bars across my screen via InnerSpace. The one on the left sends commands to the Shaman. The one on the right sends commands to the Mage. In order to avoid an accidental characters being sent to the other boxes, what I do is have each click bar fire off a hotkey combination, like Control+F1. Then, the keymap says, "When you receive Ctrl+F1 on the primary character, send Control+F1 to the secondary character (shaman)." On the Shaman, there is a hotbar that has Ctrl+F1 to perform a social/macro.

At first I had one hotbar that sent commands to both characters, but this caused a lot of issues. I.E.-Ctrl+F1 sent to both the shaman and mage as an Engage social. On the Shaman, it does abilities A,B,C,D,E. On the Mage, it does A,B.

If I go to fire off another hotkey/macro when the mage is finished his, but the shaman wasn't finished hers, then her first macro never finishes because the new macro (being sent to both clients) tries to kick in. It was really clunky and problematic. I've had much better success with the 2 clickbar setup I'm using right now.
  4. Daedly Augur

I use my number pad keys and key combinations (alt+numpad 1) for my key broadcasting.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

For Silent Sun, i generally start burns on the armor mob that will spawn him when the armor is under 50%. That helps cut down on the total time fighting Silent Sun, and it lets you focus a tad more on triage when AOE comes. If it's spike dmg on tank that is killing you, you may have better luck with the earth pet, hitting pet fort on engage.
  6. Tucoh Augur

You do it with keys you don't use while typing. Another option I'm not 100% sure on is to setup a key combination that disables rebroadcasting of your keys.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I patch one client.

What's annoying with patching is that I use a ramdisk ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/ ) and the patcher doesn't work properly on it, so I have to spend a few minutes unmounting my ramdisk, patching the client on my SSD, then remounting my ramdisk. (Side note: I haven't thoroughly measured the ramdisk load speeds vs my SSD, but it does seem faster).
  8. Cadira Augur

I have two little buttons on the side of my mouse. The one closest to thumbs natural position does two ish things. 1. Sets all 4 of my melee alts to assist mt, and use one of their spam abilities per click, and 2. Cast a direct heal from cleric. Second button is group heal on cleric. Numpad buttons are used for a lot of stuff too of course. It's a very basic, mechanical set up that'd probably make the average or experienced [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] cringe but it works for me
  9. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I used to use a RAMdisk way back in the days of Vanguard: SoH because the assets were cached to disk; it worked as well as it could before Vanguard would crash in some other way :/

I know it's probably not something you could look at right now, but whenever you upgrade to a new motherboard, I'd recommend grabbing a high performance NVME pcie m.2 hard drive, which is significantly faster than your typical SSD.

Even with 8 cores plus hyperthreading, and NVME m.2 drive, and 16 GB of RAM (will update to 32), EQ with 3 instances still finds a way to run as slowly as it can!

On a side note, I've adjusted a lot since this thread first started. I'm not quite using a spam key yet, but I've added a second reckless heal to my shaman's heal macro, switched a nuke to the Gift/twincast nuke, added more lifetaps to the SK in favor of Terror, etc. I have noticed mercs on burn and sometimes other toons are taking aggro over the SK. I think I may add back a Terror in and drop Xalgoz's Bite or maybe Dire Concartation. I'm still looking at a way to get Spirit Guardian spammed more often so it's up as often as possible on my tank; actually, I think I'll add that to my Incapacity hotkey. That should help.

I also think I'm going to farm some more T2 gear as much as I can before attempting Brass Palace again. I'm hoping it's just a matter of better mitigation and HPs to handle the big damage spikes.
  10. Brohg Augur

When you'd said Dire before I'd assumed Dire Testimony. Dire Coartation is definitely right out, the dots are awful.

Terror is still not great.

If you're losing agro, then you make more use of your AAs: Explosion, Explosion, Stream, Hate's Attraction, Veil of Darkness, Projection of Doom each add piles of agro, just spread em out to cover all your pulls. If you're not staying buffed with Gift of Hemofax , then use Veil of Darkness on yourself. And wear Concordant Disruption
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That is a silly comparison. Cactiikii mission is there to punish melee. Nothing more.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would wager any modern NVMe M.2 drive is just as fast as your RAMDISK for EQ, with none of the headaches. The issue with your RAMDISK is that it's so much faster than EQ's ancient game engine it spends most of its time sitting idle. I could see using a RAMDISK for a modern game. For EQ, that's a whole lot of I/O performance for a game that's not I/O intensive.
  13. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Thanks. I was using both Dire Testimony and Dire Coartation for the debuff (strength and AC) on the mob, not really for the damage. I've replaced it with Touch of Hemofax anyway.

I also made a social/macro to fire off 5 different lifetaps, which makes it much easier to manage their cooldowns.

I honestly never thought of using Veil of Darkness for aggro generation. I've always just used it for a debuff on a named mob so I take less damage.

I also added Concordant Disruption back in. I've dropped Terror, and with Gift of Hemofax effect, I think I'll be better. I never realized it added the Hate effect; I thought it was just the temp HPs.